🦠 Covid 19 Vaccine Thread 💉

Wolf

Reaction score

clarke-connolly

Reaction score

Skin the Goat

Reaction score
I did:
"The Normans had been casting eyes in this direction for some time prior, until MacMurrough's invitation gave them cause for coming. In 1137, Diarmuid MacMorrough, king of Leinster, failed in an attempt to take Waterford. He was trying to secure the large centres to advance his claim for high king of Ireland. In 1170 MacMorrough allied himself with Richard de Clare, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (Strongbow); together they besieged and took Waterford after a desperate defence. This was the introduction of the Anglo-Normans into Ireland. In 1171, Henry II of England became the first English king to set foot in an Irish city, by landing with a large fleet at Waterford; he did so to ensure that Ireland became an English colony and not a rival Norman country."

Waterford is in Munster.

Tiger

Reaction score
IMG_1783.jpeg

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score

Warm tributes have been paid to a well-known Belfast DJ following her sudden death at the age of 40.

Emma-Rose Hollywood, also known as ‘EmRo’, died after suddenly falling ill on Thursday.

She was best known as the resident DJ at venues including Lavery’s and Voodoo in Belfast city centre and Horatio Todd’s in Ballyhackamore.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score

"Gareth was strong and healthy. He was a big guy, 6 ft tall. He was a motorbike enthusiast and would have watched his diet and his weight. About two days before he died, he said to me, 'mummy, I don't feel well'. He had pains in his stomach and I thought he had picked up a bug while we was in Holland.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom