Gold at $25000. Silver at $600.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230713-114818_Finance.jpg

With any luck, finally we might have liftoff. If so, I am golden. I intend to buy a home but I am very hesitant to have it in Ireland. Uruguay is another option.
Maybe Spain or Portugal.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 1788

With any luck, finally we might have liftoff. If so, I am golden. I intend to buy a home but I am very hesitant to have it in Ireland. Uruguay is another option.
Maybe Spain or Portugal.
Why not in Ireland Declan?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Why not in Ireland Declan?
Two reason against(many reasons for).

1. Real Estate there is as ye know, insanely expensive.
2. I do not trust the government not to confiscate property owned by expatriots "to temporarily hose refugess".
And SF likely will.

So it is a hard sell to invest money in Ireland.

But a collapse of the euro of course could change all that.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Val has sites but he has already refused me , he would probably accept US dollars and silver in a deal

@valamhic would you sell a site to Dan ?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
What has held back gold and silver, has been the strong dollar. The dollar has taken it on the chin these past two days and could be finally hitting the skids.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
we've been here before. Only if we soar past 35 will I start to see that something new has developed
That is ok if you are buying h physical but waiting means you miss the boat if you are buying options.

But yes, and I imagine there is a great number waiting to pile aboard. The more the merrier

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
That is ok if you are buying h physical but waiting means you miss the boat if you are buying options.

But yes, and I imagine there is a great number waiting to pile aboard. The more the merrier
Can you give the name of a reputable trading site where silver can be bought and sold in the non physical

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Can you give the name of a reputable trading site where silver can be bought and sold in the non physical
You may want to see what trading platforms are available in your geo-graphic location. Some accounts have balance minimums , if you are planning on trading daily

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Is ameritrade available in Ireland. If so, it is very easy and straightforward.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
The ameritrade site is open and available to me here in Ireland , but I haven't done anything on it

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Fantastic. You can buy stocks and get the feel of things.

I have a fairly advanced version and can write options and other complicated plays. But I can not trade futures or the real complicated stuff. That is just too risky entirely.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Trades for basic shares are free on ameritrade and you can spenda million on a trade or just buy a single share for $15 or whatever.

I opened accounts for all three of my kids and view it as vital that they understand the financial system.

On Pie in the old days there were two serious players and many minor players. One lad I knew well called Anorakphobia. He was on RTE being interviewed many times.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
The ameritrade site is open and available to me here in Ireland , but I haven't done anything on it
CGP if you do open a trading account, and assuming that broker does let you trade options, please stay away from them for a period of at least two years despite what anyone in this thread tells you to do. Options trading is incredibly risky especially on margin. These guys aren't traders, they're metal bugs.

A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Yes, listen to Fishalt. He has lost enough now to know what he is talking about.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom