Meat Is Crucial To The Human Diet

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
PubMed -

Important roles of dietary taurine, creatine, carnosine, anserine and 4-hydroxyproline in human nutrition and health​

Conclusion: Dietary taurine, creatine, carnosine, anserine, and 4-hydroxyproline (which are all abundant in beef) play an important role in inhibiting oxidative stress (a common trigger of chronic diseases) and inflammation, ameliorating tissue (e.g., brain, heart, skeletal muscle, kidney, liver, and gut) injury, and improving metabolic profiles in animals and humans

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
GBStNuSWkAAXGxZ.png

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

free and clean

Reaction score
I cut down on meat a number of years ago. At the time I was in the grip of what would now probably be labelled an "eating disorder". I was working all hours to the detriment of my general wellbeing: takeaways every second night, gorging on rubbish 24/7. I stopped playing football, which had kept me fit and healthy for years. I went from 12 stone to almost 18, which is unbelievable to me now looking back.

One day I made a conscious decision to make some lifestyle changes. I started walking to work, stopped ordering takeaways; started eating lots of fruit and vegetables and cut out fizzy drinks and chocolate.

Making these relatively small changes had a huge impact on my life and general wellbeing. I very quickly shed the weight I had gained and felt much more clear minded and focused.

I haven't looked back since.

I understand that the doctors are advised to recommend exercise as the first step in dealing with patients suffering from depression. I wonder to what extent common ailments could be treated much more effectively through simple lifestyle changes as opposed to the current fashion of "treatment" consisting of prescribing a slew of pills.

dropkickmejeebus

Reaction score
I cut down on meat a number of years ago. At the time I was in the grip of what would now probably be labelled an "eating disorder". I was working all hours to the detriment of my general wellbeing: takeaways every second night, gorging on rubbish 24/7. I stopped playing football, which had kept me fit and healthy for years. I went from 12 stone to almost 18, which is unbelievable to me now looking back.

One day I made a conscious decision to make some lifestyle changes. I started walking to work, stopped ordering takeaways; started eating lots of fruit and vegetables and cut out fizzy drinks and chocolate.

Making these relatively small changes had a huge impact on my life and general wellbeing. I very quickly shed the weight I had gained and felt much more clear minded and focused.

I understand that the doctors are advised to recommend exercise as the first step in dealing with patients suffering from depression. I wonder to what extent common ailments could be treated much more effectively through simple lifestyle changes as opposed to the current fashion of "treatment" consisting of prescribing a slew of pills.
Interesting. It's different for everyone. Going on a low carb, high saturated fat, med protein and a shedload of green veg and nuts did it for me. I remember meeting one of the local barbers while I was walking up the road once. He had been listening to some Irish doctor being interviewed on some radio show. This doc had said walking is the cure for everything. I knew this lad was very troubled after the death of his dad. Ran into him a few weeks later, totally different guy.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Good job. How far is work from the gaff

free and clean

Reaction score
Interesting. It's different for everyone. Going on a low carb, high saturated fat, med protein and a shedload of green veg and nuts did it for me. I remember meeting one of the local barbers while I was walking up the road once. He had been listening to some Irish doctor being interviewed on some radio show. This doc had said walking is the cure for everything. I knew this lad was very troubled after the death of his dad. Ran into him a few weeks later, totally different guy.
I've heard that too.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Two miles. That is indeed perfect, weather permitting. 20 miles a week

Reactions: jpc

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Veganism is healthy if done properly, but that's very hard to do. Most people don't.

I'm pretty much Pesco. Don't eat much pork or red meat. The best diet I've found is white fish with lots of beans/criciferous vegetables. Clean carbs like potato. I never eat fake dairy, margarine and vegetable spreads are the worst things ever invented. Butter and milk is the go.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score

valamhic

Reaction score

I believe all wokes should be encouraged to stop eating altogether. I would probably not be on to stop drinking water but it should be OK to stop eating food.

valamhic

Reaction score
Veganism is healthy if done properly, but that's very hard to do. Most people don't.

I'm pretty much Pesco. Don't eat much pork or red meat. The best diet I've found is white fish with lots of beans/criciferous vegetables. Clean carbs like potato. I never eat fake dairy, margarine and vegetable spreads are the worst things ever invented. Butter and milk is the go.
I eat very little Pork and less since seeing the wild hogs in South East USA. I eat an occasional sausage, rasher and I like white pudding. Lamb is my favourite meat if they are reared on a mixed farm. If reared on a 100% sheep farm they don't taste as good. I eat beef too.

No vegetarian works for a living. They are kept people. Someone else has to work to allow them not to work

Ruck Da Fules!

Reaction score
Obesity in the US has gone through the roof since the 60s.

What happened then?

People began drifting away from real food to high-carb, processed shit, and began eating more often too.

One or two meals a day consisting of meat and vegetables, which we have eaten for thousands of years, and nobody would be fat!

dropkickmejeebus

Reaction score
I eat very little Pork and less since seeing the wild hogs in South East USA. I eat an occasional sausage, rasher and I like white pudding. Lamb is my favourite meat if they are reared on a mixed farm. If reared on a 100% sheep farm they don't taste as good. I eat beef too.

No vegetarian works for a living. They are kept people. Someone else has to work to allow them not to work
Why does that affect the flavour of the meat Val?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Good question Mrs Hitler.

Whatever folk may say about Val, he sure knows how to farm and produce quality food.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score

Bacon is great but I don't have it often. A slow-cooked lamb shank with good mash is a meal fit for a king.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom