Oh Canada

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score

5 months ago i brought a group of Canadians to lidil in Waterford --they were over for a family wedding and the family name was Butler and they got married in the tower of Butler castle kilkenny .
i followed them in to lidil and i went to get my items and next i heard screams and shouting and i turned the corner and they had their phones out and were pointing and shouting and bringing each other to various items --some of the lidil staff asked them what is wrong and they held up items and some of them could not speak they got so emotional .
they explained that some of the items were a quarter of what they were paying and many were a third of Canadian prices --they were totally disgusted with their country and i got the feeling they found themselves strangers in their own country ,
they complained and were bitter but i did not hear they would bring it to an end .
this is the common theme .
there does not seem to be an opposition anywhere and when a wild card like Trump appears the entire establishment gangs up on them .
it seems everywhere has the Tories and labour both are loyal to Israel first and then themselves followed by their party and the country comes a slow 4th .
this is the pattern across the globe --they all go to davos they all obey the WEF /EU/ USA DEMOCRATS/BANKING .
Its all decided and no debate on the most sensitive matters anywhere,
it is just pushed through on well greased tracks laid down by our masters .
the immigration bill is being hammered through at the moment and it will struggle to get an hours debate because our masters require a legally binding immigration policy to castrate the Irish nation .

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
5 months ago i brought a group of Canadians to lidil in Waterford --they were over for a family wedding and the family name was Butler and they got married in the tower of Butler castle kilkenny . i followed them in to lidil and i went to get my items and next i heard screams and shouting and i turned the corner and they had their phones out and were pointing and shouting and bringing each other to various items --some of the lidil staff asked them what is wrong and they held up items and some of them could not speak they got so emotional .
Aul Lad I apologise for attacking you the other night. I had drink tbh.

Your stories are great and I read them all. There's no harm in adding a little spice to a story or you're not a story teller. A bit of poetic licence is always allowed.

Its no harm either in this case however if I were a detective investigating summat I would immediately have my doubts about your story :)

If a family could afford to come from north America to Ireland for a wedding and have it in a fine 4 star Country manor like Butler house, would they really be getting emotional over the price of a box of Coco Pops in Lidl's discount isle?

Anyway Sir, you are a Seanchaí of the great old tradition and I for one salute you (y)

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Aul Lad I apologise for attacking you the other night. I had drink tbh.

Your stories are great and I read them all. There's no harm in adding a little spice to a story or you're not a story teller. A bit of poetic licence is always allowed.

Its no harm either in this case however if I were a detective investigating summat I would immediately have my doubts about your story :)

If a family could afford to come from north America to Ireland for a wedding and have it in a fine 4 star Country manor like Butler house, would they really be getting emotional over the price of a box of Coco Pops in Lidl's discount isle?

Anyway Sir, you are a Seanchaí of the great old tradition and I for one salute you (y)
if you read what i wrote it stated they had their wedding in the TOWER of kilkenny castle which has nothing to do with butler house a half mile away.
i never said they stayed in butler house --they stayed in a farmhouse accommodation near Callan kilkenny.
i wish you well in your career as a detective--but there a few basics --do not admit your work is as the result of drink taken-- try or get someone to read for you --this in particular is a big help --all the best.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
5 months ago i brought a group of Canadians to lidil in Waterford --they were over for a family wedding and the family name was Butler and they got married in the tower of Butler castle kilkenny .
i followed them in to lidil and i went to get my items and next i heard screams and shouting and i turned the corner and they had their phones out and were pointing and shouting and bringing each other to various items --some of the lidil staff asked them what is wrong and they held up items and some of them could not speak they got so emotional .
they explained that some of the items were a quarter of what they were paying and many were a third of Canadian prices --they were totally disgusted with their country and i got the feeling they found themselves strangers in their own country ,
they complained and were bitter but i did not hear they would bring it to an end .
this is the common theme .
there does not seem to be an opposition anywhere and when a wild card like Trump appears the entire establishment gangs up on them .
it seems everywhere has the Tories and labour both are loyal to Israel first and then themselves followed by their party and the country comes a slow 4th .
this is the pattern across the globe --they all go to davos they all obey the WEF /EU/ USA DEMOCRATS/BANKING .
Its all decided and no debate on the most sensitive matters anywhere,
it is just pushed through on well greased tracks laid down by our masters .
the immigration bill is being hammered through at the moment and it will struggle to get an hours debate because our masters require a legally binding immigration policy to castrate the Irish nation .
You got to be kidding. Food is 1/3 the price it is in Canada

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
if you read what i wrote it stated they had their wedding in the TOWER of kilkenny castle which has nothing to do with butler house a half mile away.i never said they stayed in butler house --they stayed in a farmhouse accommodation near Callan kilkenny.i wish you well in your career as a detective--but there a few basics --do not admit your work is as the result of drink taken-- try or get someone to read for you --this in particular is a big help --all the best.
And there was me thinking I was the north Dublin version of Father Brown :confused:

Ironically 'twas a quare drop of your dark ale that drove me into a fit of accusations toward you that night.

No more Smithwicks for Myles!

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
That's what Aul Lad said.
One of the young lad's said the same when he was in Vancouver