Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Economics.

Demographic crisis in China.
North American economic challenges.
End of Russian raw material exports.
And more.

Mod warning- Okay when you post an OP of a video please give some explanation of it.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Peter Zeihan is an interesting chap and I will watch later at leisure

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
All I know of him are a few videos that popped up in my feed.

I dont doubt you.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Some fool saying fossil fuel is bad and yet saying Biden is great for producing more.

Some serious idiots these days.

K

Kangal

Some fool saying fossil fuel is bad and yet saying Biden is great for producing more.

Some serious idiots these days.
Missing the point as usual, Dec. I'm not even sure you grasp most of what's going on here, in fact.

Climate Change is a done deal. That train has left the station and there's nothing we can do about it.

Counties that have access to cheap secure energy, secure food supplies and a broad industrial base are going to cope a hell of a lot better, though, than those that don't.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It is snowing here, where can I catch that train.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Nobody here in the US is concerned about global warming. I myself put 40000 miles on a 5.3 litre engine.

Even as insane as Massachusetts is, it is not completely stupid.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Like I said, there's nothing to be done about it and the US is best placed to deal with the impacts.
Well of course there is nothing to be done about it because we ain't bigger than nature and it's Nature that calls the shots, not puny humans pumping some much needed carbon into the atmosphere. Who knows, she might have an ice age lined up for us in a decade or two, and there ain't nothing we can do about that either.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Peter Zeihan is a moron. I'm not suprised that he can hoodwink economic illiterates like Jerry however.

He's been predicting the collapse of China every year since as far back as 2010.

Here's some highlights of his foresight:

"Third, the Chinese model requires cheap labor as well as cheap capital to produce cheap goods. The bottom has fallen out of the Chinese birthrate; by 2020 the average Chinese will be nearly as old as the average American, but will have achieved nowhere near the level of education to add as much value. The result will be a labor shortage in both qualitative and quantitative terms."

Ok, let's fact check this:

1702019682319.png

So, what's the median for America?
'Bout 38 YO.

Have a scroll through his forecasts from back in 2010 when he was vice fucktard at fucktard intelligence inc for a wonderous expose in fucktardery.

You really do make this too easy, Jerry.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Nobody here in the US is concerned about global warming. I myself put 40000 miles on a 5.3 litre engine.

Even as insane as Massachusetts is, it is not completely stupid.
Good man yer'self!

Here's an interesting result from a 2018 paper looking at the effect of CO2 on three species of grass -

Our results showed that the optimal CO2 concentrations occurred at 945, 915, and 1151 ppm for the aboveground biomass and at 915, 1178, and 1386 ppm for the total biomass of tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, and Kentucky bluegrass (Fig. 1), suggesting that a strong CO2 fertilization effect occurred at different optimal CO2 concentrations for these three perennial grasses.

At around 410ppm we are not even half way to the optimum, although I would suggest we don't rush to get there. Also worth pointing out that the root biomass increases as well as the above ground component, which basically means that the crops will be burying a lot of the carbon, which is no bad thing as many cultivated soils will benefit from increased organic matter content.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Peter Zeihan is a moron. I'm not suprised that he can hoodwink economic illiterates like Jerry however.

He's been predicting the collapse of China every year since as far back as 2010.

Here's some highlights of his foresight:

"Third, the Chinese model requires cheap labor as well as cheap capital to produce cheap goods. The bottom has fallen out of the Chinese birthrate; by 2020 the average Chinese will be nearly as old as the average American, but will have achieved nowhere near the level of education to add as much value. The result will be a labor shortage in both qualitative and quantitative terms."

Ok, let's fact check this:

View attachment 3736

So, what's the median for America?
'Bout 38 YO.

Have a scroll through his forecasts from back in 2010 when he was vice fucktard at fucktard intelligence inc for a wonderous expose in fucktardery.

You really do make this too easy, Jerry.
Youtube is chockablock with pundits shrilly informing us of the immediate demise of China, and has been for years. If it's not the ghost cities then its the high speed trains or even a totally corrupt army. Whatever the scare I am still waiting for it to happen, and I've learnt not to bother holding my breath.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom