Shane McGowan RIP

Tiger

Reaction score
Shane has died today aged 65.

He looked more like someone in his 80’s in the past few years.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/1130/1419329-pogues-frontman-shane-macgowan-dies-aged-65/

Breaking Pogues frontman and songwriter Shane MacGowan dies aged 65​

Updated / Thursday, 30 Nov 2023 12:24

Shane MacGowan: 1957 - 2023

Shane MacGowan: 1957 - 2023

The death has been announced of Pogues frontman and songwriter Shane MacGowan. He was 65 and had been ill for some time.

In a statement shared on social media, The Pogues wrote: "It is with the deepest of sorrow and heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of Shane MacGowan.

"Shane died peacefully at 3am this morning with his wife Victoria and family by his side."

willow

Reaction score
I knew him in his wilderness days after the Pogues. He was staying in someone's tower in Wicklow. A gentleman, deeply troubled soul. I didn't like the way his wife showcased him from his hospital bed when he was clearly very ill.
May he RIP.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Damn shame, a fine man who loved Ireland.

Been a shit year for losing legends, Delores, and now Shane.

RIP

free and clean

Reaction score
He was a loveable rogue I suppose. And he wrote some decent songs, but I fear we're going to get the same hysterical deification that we saw when Sinead O'Connor and that O'Riordan woman from Limerick passed away. Seems to me that these messed up people nearly always attract fawning worshippers who, perversely, envy their dysfunctional lives in a way.

Let's face it, MacGowan was a mess, a tragedy really. It's why he was kicked out of the band in the early nineties

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Myles being a one time alcoholic is fearful he may end up the same way as Shane, hence why the death has hit him hard and he keeps down voting anything about Shane.

Also like Shane , Myles took the COVID poison, so he is starting to worry and panic.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Myles being a one time alcoholic is fearful he may end up the same way as Shane, hence why the death has hit him hard and he keeps down voting anything about Shane.

Also like Shane , Myles took the COVID poison, so he is starting to worry and panic.
Myles did not take the COVID poison you liar , I stopped him the night before it was due to happen :mad:

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score

Your 2nd point is false Sir.

I never took any Jibby Jabby (y)

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom