Shane McGowan RIP

free and clean

Reaction score
Let's face it: he'll be remembered primarily as a wretched drunk. I doubt most people could name three songs he wrote (fairytale excepted)

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's face it: he'll be remembered primarily as a wretched drunk. I doubt most people could name three songs he wrote (fairytale excepted)
Flight of Earl's
Sally McLennane
A pair of brown eye's.
Overall you are completely correct.
He was a total drunk.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
He wrote a few, decent songs / or parts of some, but he was a drunk and a junkie ~ ~ And apparently an annoying one like so many of them ~ ~ It must be the narcissism ! ! !

free and clean

Reaction score
He wrote a few, decent songs / or parts of some, but he was a drunk and a junkie ~ ~ And apparently an annoying one like so many of them ~ ~ It must be the narcissism ! ! !
Judging by the Sunday papers this morning, it appears we've reached Princess Diana levels of hysteria, sentimental waffle and nauseating fawning when it comes to poor MacGowan.

Reading a lot of the guff, it strikes me that MaCGowan himself probably would have despised a lot of those now placing him on a pedestal.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Judging by the Sunday papers this morning, it appears we've reached Princess Diana levels of hysteria, sentimental waffle and nauseating fawning when it comes to poor MacGowan.

Reading a lot of the guff, it strikes me that MaCGowan himself probably would have despised a lot of those now placing him on a pedestal.
Of course this is a Great Distraction for what has been going on in Ireland recently.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
"Then they'll take you to Cloughprior and shove you in the ground
But you'll stick your head back out and shout "We'll have another round"

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Is that what "unedited" means.

tldr

Reaction score
I was always grateful for his music. He had the gift like the bowld McGrath.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom