Space Travel

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

We are entering a great leap forward in knowledge with the recent launch of The Webb Telescope on December 25 2021. Today it reached it's permanent location about 1 million miles from Earth. This location is known as Lagrange 2 and it is important because the gravitational forces balance there and in effect it floats in that location. This telescope is supposedly one hundred times more powerful that Hubble which was put up 30 years ago. It will take about 4 months now to calibrate it's instruments. Because it sees further, it will be able to see further back in time because the images from 13 billion light years away, and obviously from events that happened 13 billion years ago.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Most all the technical issues have been completed successfully and it is in location. It will be a few months yet until functioning but hard 9, I believe 5.

It is looking out and away so it will not have images of earth moon and inner planets etc.
So we wait.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A few months yet before it is calibrated and ready.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The unfolding of the wings was the last tricky part I believe.
Maybe if it delivers on the 100 times improvement over Hubble, it will detect possible inhabitable planets.

Some conspiracy theorists believe a faked alien encounter is being lined up to bamboozle the fools.

D

Deleted member 122

The unfolding of the wings was the last tricky part I believe.
Well Hubble's problem was only discovered after it started it eh, telescoping

No reason to believe that a mistake like that will be made again though..

Maybe if it delivers on the 100 times improvement over Hubble, it will detect possible inhabitable planets.
Unhabitable? Or Little Green Men?

Inhabitable is a bit like irregardless :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Planets capable of sustaining life as we know it.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Nobody has landed on the Moon. I am amazed that anyone believes the fairytale.
Next month the US sends up Artimus 1 and they will try to fly it around the Moon. We shall see.

In July the Russians attempt to actually land a craft on the Moon. Something we are told they did with ease almost 60 years ago.

In August the Indians will attempt for the 2nd time to softly land a craft..

This is the true start of Space exploration.

A manned flyby is planned for 2024.

D

Deleted member 122

Nobody has landed on the Moon. I am amazed that anyone believes the fairytale.
12 = 0 🤔

In July the Russians attempt to actually land a craft on the Moon. Something we are told they did with ease almost 60 years ago.
What utter nonsense. It was a monumental effort.

Dan, you think it's easier to go to Mars than the Moon, that is a verifiable fact. You should really stop talking crap about this.

S

Sandra

12 = 0 🤔

Dan, you think it's easier to go to Mars than the Moon, that is a verifiable fact. You should really stop talking crap about this.
Well i dunno whether they did or not, but how come they 'lost' the technology? Just a few short decades ago we had the Concorde. You could fly to America in a couple of hours. Now that is gone. Some technologies are being developed yes, but not necessarily any that will benefit mankind in general.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
12 = 0 🤔

No. I said it is easier to land on Mars than the moon because it has an atmosphere

D

Deleted member 122

No. I said it is easier to land on Mars than the moon because it has an atmosphere
It doesn't have an atmosphere worth talking about (in terms of a landing)

This has been explained to you, at length, Dan.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It doesn't have an atmosphere worth talking about (in terms of a landing)

This has been explained to you, at length, Dan.
It does not matter. It an atmosphere is one fifth, just use a parachute five times greater.

We will see if the Indian craft can make it ths July.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Try one hundredth
it does not matter, there is an atmosphere. And supposedly they can change it in time as well. But July is the next test.

D

Deleted member 122

Some atmosphere is better than none so long as it is not toxic. It creates pressure on any capsule to allow oxygen rich nitrogen to fill it
The Martian atmosphere is almost all carbon dioxide

The only point I've ever made about this, is that a manned lander won't be able to make use of parachutes/the atmosphere

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom