The Cancer Thread.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
View attachment 3828

I have my raw bitter apricot seeds and I also at times, such as now, have the brazil nuts as well. Supposedly, they are two of the very few ways to get vitamin B17 which is sometimes called laetrile .

You have to be cautious not to overdo both though.
Good news at last! Hate apricots but love Brazil nuts.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
The humble aspirin also has cancer preventative elements. They don't like us to know that of course, given the inexpensive nature of aspirin. Try and get a brand that has low fillers and ingredients, as pure as possible

Tiger

Reaction score
Both of these guys are interesting. Their podcasts are worth listening to regularly.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
The humble aspirin also has cancer preventative elements. They don't like us to know that of course, given the inexpensive nature of aspirin. Try and get a brand that has low fillers and ingredients, as pure as possible

It also wrecks your gut.

Better off cutting out all hyper processed food, replacing staples with whole grains, cutting out -- or at least cutting down -- on red meat and sugar, eating lots of cruciferous vegetables, eating fermented food (such as saurkraut) at least once a day, and intermittent fasting at least 5 days a week.

And don't pay any attention to the quacks pushing the carnivore diet. You can still get high ldl cholestorel and heart disease even if you're not insulin resistant. I used to eat bacon and eggs and steak nearly everyday, thinking I was in good health. I was strongly advised to go on a low dose statin, which I'm now off thankfully, but I'm still only in my 30s.

Fish, such as salmon, mackeral and hake, are a more than worthy replacement for most meats. Cholestoral and blood pressure are fine these days.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
Oh yeah, keeping your waist circumference around half or less than your height is a good idea. It's a much better metric than BMI.
According to BMI, I'm obese at a little over 14 stone (I'm around 5' 11), but my waist to height ratio is comfortably within the healthy range.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
It also wrecks your gut.Better off cutting out all hyper processed food, replacing staples with whole grains, cutting out -- or at least cutting down -- on red meat and sugar, eating lots of cruciferous vegetables, eating fermented food (such as saurkraut) at least once a day, and intermittent fasting at least 5 days a weekAnd don't pay any attention to the quacks pushing the carnivore diet. You can still get high ldl cholestorel and heart disease even if you're not insulin resistant. I used to eat bacon and eggs and steak nearly everyday, thinking I was in good health. I was strongly advised to go on a low dose statin, which I'm now off thankfully, but I'm still only in my 30s.
Fish, such as salmon, mackeral and hake, are a more than worthy replacement for most meats. Cholestoral and blood pressure are fine these days.
You sound like a Nancy Boy. Only a faggot gives a fuck about this shit.

In fact this whole thread is full of Nonce's . I never thought I'd hear Irishmen pussying around about diet and such nonsense.

I'm embarrassed to be from the same Country as you all to be honest.

Tiger

Reaction score
It also wrecks your gut.

Better off cutting out all hyper processed food, replacing staples with whole grains, cutting out -- or at least cutting down -- on red meat and sugar, eating lots of cruciferous vegetables, eating fermented food (such as saurkraut) at least once a day, and intermittent fasting at least 5 days a week.

And don't pay any attention to the quacks pushing the carnivore diet. You can still get high ldl cholestorel and heart disease even if you're not insulin resistant. I used to eat bacon and eggs and steak nearly everyday, thinking I was in good health. I was strongly advised to go on a low dose statin, which I'm now off thankfully, but I'm still only in my 30s.

I did intermittent fasting for years, I was an early adopter. However, now, many of the people that championed it (like Peter Attia) no longer recommend it.

I’m in two minds whether it is good practice or not.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score

In fact this whole thread is full of Nonce's . I never thought I'd hear Irishmen pussying around about diet and such nonsense.

That reminds me, if you find it hard to cut back on the drink, these are miracle workers.

Pop two of them about two hours before you normally start drinking and you'll notice the cravings will be massively dialled down.

Tiger

Reaction score

Haha, Never change Myles.

Never change.

As a matter of curiosity, what led you to be hospitalised for a month recently? Was it down to ‘lifestyle’ issue?

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
I did intermittent fasting for years, I was an early adopter. However, now, many of the people that championed it (like Peter Attia) no longer recommend it.

I’m in two minds whether it is good practice or not.

Apparently, it may not be as good for autophagy, and hence longevity, as once thought. Most of the research was on mice.
Even if this is the case, it still has a ton of other benefits. It's been shown to lower blood pressure and is great for the gut.

Skipping breakfast doesn't bother me, so I'll be sticking to it (I do a 16/8 fast). Besides, if nothing else it makes me eat less than I otherwise would.
If I stopped it, I'd pile the weight on.

Tiger

Reaction score
Apparently, it may not be as good for autophagy, and hence longevity, as once thought. Most of the research was on mice.
Even if this is the case, it still has a ton of other benefits. It's been shown to lower blood pressure and is great for the gut.

Skipping breakfast doesn't bother me, so I'll be sticking to it (I do a 16/8 fast). Besides, if nothing else it makes me eat less than I otherwise would.
If I stopped it, I'd pile the weight on.
Do you ever listen to a lad on YouTube called ‘Siim Land’ ?

He’s very interesting in terms of longevity and best practices for health.

Do you do ice baths and saunas?

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
Do you ever listen to a lad on YouTube called ‘Siim Land’ ?

He’s very interesting in terms of longevity and best practices for health.

Do you do ice baths and saunas?

No. I sometimes follow David Sinclair and some other fella with a channel called "physionic".

I don't do ice baths but I take cold showers after exercise.

Tiger

Reaction score
No. I sometimes follow David Sinclair and some other fella with a channel called "physionic".
I used to think Sinclair was someone to listen to. I bought and read his book. But over time I think he’s overstating (or just being plain wrong) about the benefits of things like resveratrol.
I don't do ice baths but I take cold showers after exercise.
Aye, I don’t have access to an ice bath, but I do saunas and cold showers. I don’t think a cold shower is anywhere near as good as an ice bath.

You should listen to the Gary Brecka link I posted earlier on the thread. You’d definitely get a lot out of it.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
I used to think Sinclair was someone to listen to. I bought and read his book. But over time I think he’s overstating (or just being plain wrong) about the benefits of things like resveratrol.

Aye, I don’t have access to an ice bath, but I do saunas and cold showers. I don’t think a cold shower is anywhere near as good as an ice bath.

You should listen to the Gary Brecka link I posted earlier on the thread. You’d definitely get a lot out of it.

I took Sinclairs advice on MNM a while back, but stopped taking it when concerns were raised about it possibly increasing the risk of cancer. And it may not be that effective.

Taurine looks very promising and it's cheap as chips. I'm going to be adding that to my supplement stack in the new year.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom