The Championship

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Massive win for Monaghan versus the old enemy Tyrone in Omagh , a mighty game of football , a goal from Ryan O'Toole on debut sealed the victory for Monaghan in the third minute of injury time
Monaghan = = A great GAA football county = = When you consider the size of their playing population = = Monaghan deserve Great Credit.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Monaghan were poor and lost heavy enough to Derry on Saturday evening ...it was broadcast nowhere so I can't really say where the game was lost

Armagh drove over Down in clones and will face Derry in the Ulster final

Louth are back in a Leinster final for the first time since the infamous 2010 joe Sheridan final

Dublin were pushed very hard by kildare 14 - 12 in a game where Stephen Cluxton made a shock return to the starting line-up for the first time since the 2020 all Ireland final

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
The big spat in on about GAAGO , which is precisely what the GAA wanted because it takes the spotlight away from the new format .....I can only comment on football , but it's a complete and utter joke

4 Groups of 4.......with only the bottom team being eliminated in this group ( it's hard to get knocked out :LOL: ) at that stage we go into preliminary quarter finals where 4 teams will be eliminated giving us the quarter finals proper

The only motivation in the group stage is to win the group this avoiding one knockout round ......in all 35 matches will be played to decide this year's all Ireland Football championship

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
The big spat in on about GAAGO , which is precisely what the GAA wanted because it takes the spotlight away from the new format .....I can only comment on football , but it's a complete and utter joke

4 Groups of 4.......with only the bottom team being eliminated in this group ( it's hard to get knocked out :LOL: ) at that stage we go into preliminary quarter finals where 4 teams will be eliminated giving us the quarter finals proper

The only motivation in the group stage is to win the group this avoiding one knockout round ......in all 35 matches will be played to decide this year's all Ireland Football championship
That's a ridiculous amount of games to lose 4 teams.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Derry are in disarray tonight with the Ulster final looming this Sunday in Clones

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/0512/1383296-Myles-gallagher-derry/

Derry GAA manager Myles Gallagher has announced he is to step back from his role "with immediate effect".

Earlier, the SDLP had called for Mr Gallagher to step aside following serious allegations by his former wife.

A statement issued on behalf of Mr Gallagher this evening said: "I have advised Derry GAA that I am stepping back as Derry Senior football Manager with immediate effect.

"This decision is borne out of a desire to protect my children from the ongoing turmoil. They will always be my priority."

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Derry are in disarray tonight with the Ulster final looming this Sunday in Clones

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/0512/1383296-Myles-gallagher-derry/

Derry GAA manager Myles Gallagher has announced he is to step back from his role "with immediate effect".

Earlier, the SDLP had called for Mr Gallagher to step aside following serious allegations by his former wife.

A statement issued on behalf of Mr Gallagher this evening said: "I have advised Derry GAA that I am stepping back as Derry Senior football Manager with immediate effect.

"This decision is borne out of a desire to protect my children from the ongoing turmoil. They will always be my priority."
How do we know if there is any substance to these allegations ?

It could be an embittered Woman causing havoc ?

What happened to = = Innocent until proven guilty ?

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
How do we know if there is any substance to these allegations ?

It could be an embittered Woman causing havoc ?

What happened to = = Innocent until proven guilty ?
This man has been bundled out very fast brolly will be laying into him on Twitter no doubt , a very unwelcome development in Derrys attempt to retain Ulster

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
This man has been bundled out very fast brolly will be laying into him on Twitter no doubt , a very unwelcome development in Derrys attempt to retain Ulster
Obviously = = I don't know the ends and outs of the case = But it is possible that it is a vindictive woman casing all sorts of havoc for revenge / who knows why = = Remember absolutely nothing has been proved in a court of law = = Isn't this why = = We have Law and order = = To sort this sort of stuff out.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Myles Gallagher is an Innocent man and has been hounded out by the woke mob :mad: he might be a control freak ( there are no laws against that) but he has battered no women.........this man once scored 3 - 07 in a championship match against Monaghan (including two penalties)

He has stepped back and not resigned the position of Derry senior football manager

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom