The Climate Change scam

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
So folks who spout Climate change guff like Barack Obama are all bluffers?
Nope.

They just can pay for it.

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
No, not comparable.
Val I'm surprised at you. You said you love research but you appear to have done none here. It really makes me think you're not the Val I used to know. :unsure:

"These researchers estimate the carbon footprint of the first year of the war to be in the region of 120 million tonnes of CO₂e. That’s roughly the annual emissions of Belgium. Ammunition and explosives alone for around 2 million tonnes of CO₂e in that period"

"The Agora Energiewende think tank said its preliminary calculations show that Germany emitted 673 million metric tons of CO2 last year, a decline of 73 million metric tons compared with 2022 and the lowest level since the 1950s."

If Putin stops the war and withdraws, then yes, we'd have a net loss in emissions.
I doubt he'd get an award for it though.

Last edited:

valamhic

Reaction score
Val I'm surprised at you. You said you love research but you appear to have done none here. It really makes me think you're not the Val I used to know. :unsure:

"These researchers estimate the carbon footprint of the first year of the war to be in the region of 120 million tonnes of CO₂e. That’s roughly the annual emissions of Belgium. Ammunition and explosives alone for around 2 million tonnes of CO₂e in that period"

"The Agora Energiewende think tank said its preliminary calculations show that Germany emitted 673 million metric tons of CO2 last year, a decline of 73 million metric tons compared with 2022 and the lowest level since the 1950s."

If Putin stops the war and withdraws, then yes, we'd have a net loss in emissions.
So your point is the the war caused 120 million tons but the decline in Germanys emission is 73 million tons leaving an over all increase of 47 million tons. Ok but that is for one year, If the war ends soon (which is likely) there will be a 73 million ton decrease. So Putin is doing good work in the long term.

valamhic

Reaction score
Rather than confuse the above post to Kangal, I will counter that you cannot trade emissions between countries to arrive at an aggregate. Ireland imports coal produced electricity from Britain but treats it as carbon free. the emission enter the air outside Ireland so they say it is carbon neutral. Saudi Arabia extract oil from the ground and sell it to me. I am forced to pay a carbon tax on it. I did not produce it, I imported it. I use the oil to produce beef on my farm and the EU is planning to make be pay a carbon tax on the beef I produce. So Saudi can profit from oil sales but I have to pay the tax on it both ways.

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
If the war ends soon (which is likely) there will be a 73 million ton decrease. So Putin is doing good work in the long term.
In the long term yes. The destruction of his military ensures that we shouldn't have to worry about increased emissions through the Russian invasion of another country.

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
Rather than confuse the above post to Kangal, I will counter that you cannot trade emissions between countries to arrive at an aggregate. Ireland imports coal produced electricity from Britain but treats it as carbon free. the emission enter the air outside Ireland so they say it is carbon neutral. Saudi Arabia extract oil from the ground and sell it to me. I am forced to pay a carbon tax on it. I did not produce it, I imported it. I use the oil to produce beef on my farm and the EU is planning to make be pay a carbon tax on the beef I produce. So Saudi can profit from oil sales but I have to pay the tax on it both ways.
I too agree emissions trading is just bogus and is just an attempt to avoid hard decisions.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score

Putin will stop the war tomorrow if only the Neocons would grow up.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
He is. The destruction of his military ensures that we shouldn't have to worry about increased emissions through the invasion of another country.
Destruction of who's military? The production of tanks and munitions has multiplied in Russia by a factor of 2 to 3. What has the west managed?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I too agree emissions trading is just bogus and is just an attempt to avoid hard decisions.
It is just another part of the carbon scam designed to further enrich big money.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
It's all a load of BS at the end of the day.

valamhic

Reaction score
It's all a load of BS at the end of the day.
You will have an election in Ireland later this year. The green party will run candidates. It could be that none will be re-elected or all will be re-elected.

They claim that is all get re-elected the weather in 50 years time will be colder than if none get re-elected.

So the way you vote in 2024 will effect the temperature in 2074. Will there be statues to green politicians?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
You will have an election in Ireland later this year. The green party will run candidates. It could be that none will be re-elected or all will be re-elected.

They claim that is all get re-elected the weather in 50 years time will be colder than if none get re-elected.

So the way you vote in 2024 will effect the temperature in 2074. Will there be statues to green politicians?
So if we don't vote Green we will have warmer weather in Ireland meaning that we will be burning less fuel to stay warm?

Sounds like deal to me!

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom