The Collapse of Woke Hollywood

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
GByyyxiW4AI6cOB.jpg

tldr

Reaction score
Who's Pieper and what kind of waffle is that?

“The vacancy left by absence of worship is filled by mere killing of time and by boredom, which is directly related to inability to enjoy leisure; for one can only be bored if the spiritual power to be leisurely has been lost. There is an entry in Baudelaire... "One must work, if not from taste then at least from despair. For, to reduce everything to a single truth: work is less boring than pleasure.”
― Josef Pieper, Leisure: The Basis of Culture

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/754022-mu-e-und-kult

Very intellectual. Seems to be of a C19th mentality, these sentiments are often seen from late in that century as mechanisation was turned on culture and social organisation. Harshly critical of scientism and social materialism.

Think of being crushed between the slides of a specimen prepared for a microscope. Obsession with career and Instaglam vacations are merely distractions from the pain of being crushed under the thin plates of glass - the vision of the enormity and wonder of life (expressed in the spiritual life) being blinded all the better to make us pliable like geldings under the yolk.

Something along those lines. His words have power. Would explain why drug use (and other bewildering uses of ourselves) has proliferated to such a degree.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
“The vacancy left by absence of worship is filled by mere killing of time and by boredom, which is directly related to inability to enjoy leisure; for one can only be bored if the spiritual power to be leisurely has been lost. There is an entry in Baudelaire... "One must work, if not from taste then at least from despair. For, to reduce everything to a single truth: work is less boring than pleasure.”
― Josef Pieper, Leisure: The Basis of Culture

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/754022-mu-e-und-kult

Very intellectual. Seems to be of a C19th mentality, these sentiments are often seen from late in that century as mechanisation was turned on culture and social organisation. Harshly critical of scientism and social materialism.

Think of being crushed between the slides of a specimen prepared for a microscope. Obsession with career and Instaglam vacations are merely distractions from the pain of being crushed under the thin plates of glass - the vision of the enormity and wonder of life (expressed in the spiritual life) being blinded all the better to make us pliable like geldings under the yolk.

Something along those lines. His words have power. Would explain why drug use (and other bewildering uses of ourselves) has proliferated to such a degree.
I have no idea what any of that means.

My apologies Sir.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
More here on the role of popular music as an energy release valve for disgruntled citizens, not to mention a vehicle for devil worship:

“An FBI internal memo from 1968 mentions the employment of the Grateful Dead as an avenue ‘to channel youth dissent and rebellion into more benign and non-threatening directions.’ [They] performed a vital service in distracting many young persons into drugs and mysticism, rather than politics.” – Jim Keith

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Hollywood produced only many crap movies for many years. We'd rent them on video cassette and speed/skip view them on FFwd and put them back in the box, took a few years to finally give up on 'Movies' and then -
We learned how to entertain Ourselves and forgot about Absurd Hollywood and how pathetic we were . . .
:unsure: HHmmmmmmm
Those repetitive themes that really were none of our business . . . . .

Wolf

Reaction score
Hollywood produced only many crap movies for many years. We'd rent them on video cassette and speed/skip view them on FFwd and put them back in the box, took a few years to finally give up on 'Movies' and then -
We learned how to entertain Ourselves and forgot about Absurd Hollywood and how pathetic we were . . .
:unsure: HHmmmmmmm
Those repetitive themes that really were none of our business . . . . .
I could count on both hands the total amount of movies I've seen in my life.
I think I've been to the cinema about 4 times and the other few were on TV.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
I could count on both hands the total amount of movies I've seen in my life.
I think I've been to the cinema about 4 times and the other few were on TV.
The ability to tell a good story is gone from Hollywood.
Preachy Virtual signalling shite.
That turned off the movie going public is what's on offer.
Fuck them.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Preachy Virtual signalling shite.
James Bond's dad was a mean aul Black & Tan who terrorised Irish independence, his uncle used to draw lampoon cartoons for the daily rags of the day!
Fuck off the lousy propagandists who twist cultures for their profit and sick pleasures.
Jewolly wollywood does a crap job on Semites, Russians and most other nationalities as being clunky dums dums
as john mills in the quiet man😳

Popular Threads

Top Bottom