The Earth is Global.

dropkickmejeebus

Reaction score
Huh?

The furthest spacecraft is not even remotely close to a single light year away, that will take tens of thousands of more years.

Orion's belt is about two thousand light years away.

I'm guessing you maybe meant the Val Allen belt :) (which isn't an astrological object)
Yes. 😔 I mean. Van Allen's, Orion's, who keeps track anymore. Call it Gosling's and we'll all sit up and pay attention

Hermit

Reaction score
Why is everything else round, such as the other planets and the Moon?
Using your fallacious reasoning, would you agree that earth has rings because Saturn has rings, or earth is silver because the moon is silver, or that life exists on earth therefore there is life on the planets?

Whether planets are round, spherical or whatever, it does not logically follow that earth too must be the same as them. That's a begging the question fallacy. You're assuming the planets are balls orbiting the sun in space, and concluding that earth must be a planet based on that assumption.

Lastly, there is no way of proving the planets are even physical.

The answer is the same in all cases - gravity. Why do you think flerfs are so invested in lying about its (gravity's) existence?
There's no lying about something that has not and cannot be demonstrated in reality. There is no scientific experiment which can prove gravity.

Lone Ranger

Reaction score
What I don't get about this flat Earth thing, is why would they cover up the Earth is flat?

I mean, they used to think it was flat, then they claimed it was a globe, if it is flat why all this effort to convenience us its a globe, what in it for them?

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
What I don't get about this flat Earth thing, is why would they cover up the Earth is flat?

I mean, they used to think it was flat, then they claimed it was a globe, if it is flat why all this effort to convenience us its a globe, what in it for them?

According to Pythagoreanism and Platonism the Sphere is supposed to be the perfect shape so some "Flat Earthers" see the whole globe thing as evidence of an Occultist/Heathen Metaphysical conspiracy.

Than there is the claim that a flat as opposed to globe model of the earth supposedly makes the fact that we have a Creator more evident.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
what are we?
Earthly Lifeforms.

why do we exist?
We evolved continually (became smarter) unlike cro-magnon or neanderthal man.

why does anything exist?
Existence is a feature of the Universe - We are a part of that(for a while), as is everything else.

What is life is all a dream within a dream?

How would you know, have you tested your proposal? What did you see?

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Earthly Lifeforms.

We evolved continually (became smarter) unlike cro-magnon or neanderthal man.

My understanding is that Neanderthals had more brain capacity than we do which suggests devolution not evolution.

Some people suggest that the reason that indigenous Europeans and the Chinese have higher IQs on average than Africans is because we have more Neanderthal DNA (I am not saying that I believe that).

Last edited:

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
My understanding is that Neanderthals had more brain capacity than we do which suggests devolution and evolution.

Some people suggest that the reason that indigenous Europeans and the Chinese have higher IQs on average than Africans is because we have more Neanderthal DNA (I am not saying that I believe that).

Yes, Environment probably has much to do with IQs too.
I've just done a rough check-up and it seems there wasn't many people in existence waaaay back 10,000 - 20,000 - 30,000 years ago. They had different concerns, different intelligence to suit their unique personal environments . .
So many different factors for us to visualise.

Last edited:

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
People question the shape of the earth or the moon landing but imo the much bigger thing that should be asked is, what are we? why do we exist? why does anything exist? What is life is all a dream within a dream?
We certainly " Could " be a Simulation ~ ~ In some ways ~ That makes more sense than " Reality ! "

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
How does that work?

You mean like being in 'Tron' or 'The Matrix'?
Perhaps ~ The ( Our ) Simulation is just to get answers to, situations / problems.

When you think about it ~ Each Person ( and other things ) is basically solving problems / situations all of the time ( even when sleeping our sub-concious is working stuff out )

Perhaps ~ Our Simulation is just a Problem Solver.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Perhaps ~ The ( Our ) Simulation is just to get answers to, situations / problems.

When you think about it ~ Each Person ( and other things ) is basically solving problems / situations all of the time ( even when sleeping our sub-concious is working stuff out )

Perhaps ~ Our Simulation is just a Problem Solver.
Ok I can accept the problem solving assignment we endure but where does the simulation come from . . .
Oh! You mean we're not as free, original and self determining as i think we are?
That we are some sort of testing instruments/modules/bots who perform a life but . . .

That would be result for anyone who wants to live forever, to transfer oneself into data and get uploaded into a perfect body:geek:

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Ok I can accept the problem solving assignment we endure but where does the simulation come from . . .
Oh! You mean we're not as free, original and self determining as i think we are?
That we are some sort of testing instruments/modules/bots who perform a life but . . .

That would be result for anyone who wants to live forever, to transfer oneself into data and get uploaded into a perfect body:geek:
And ~ What if we are in a Simulation that is being played Continuously on a Loop ~ Just to repeat over and over again ~ Perhaps just to keep the information in " good condition " !

Popular Threads

Top Bottom