The Earth is Global.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Earth's Global. Show us what you've got.

The following image reminds us of what we see in reality when we observe weather balloon footage or even views from the jet window. Both perspectives are high enough to supposedly observe a flat earth but we never get to view any images, pictures that would be available 24/7/365 simply do not exist.

This is from the space station and it explains clearly why we can never see a flat Earth . . .

The Med.jpg

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Now, here's a live rocket launch to ponder and enjoy, skip to 07:00 where the picture stabilizes and perhaps slow it down by half and stop it at different positions to study what's been shown.

It's been filmed with Rectilinear Lenses and gives us a better perspective of earths curvature.
Importantly it provides us with scale to the horizon - it demonstrates a real example of how much of the surface could possibly be seen on a globe.

Etc etc . . .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QsEPEhq5yk&list=PLQCOKOZuhSS2L8beLNb9qHNdRJu3qHnSU&index=19

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Earth's Global. Show us what you've got.

The following image reminds us of what we see in reality when we observe weather balloon footage or even views from the jet window. Both perspectives are high enough to supposedly observe a flat earth but we never get to view any images, pictures that would be available 24/7/365 simply do not exist.

This is from the space station and it explains clearly why we can never see a flat Earth . . .

View attachment 4012

Do you see this as an important issue? And if so, why?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Do you see this as an important issue? And if so, why?
I see it as an amazing issue in that there are opposed views on the subject and always have been, it's just nowadays the proof and means of gathering proof is readily available for all to ponder.

There exists a school of thought which believes the Earth is Flat in Totality, dismissing all contrary proofs, discoveries and science gathered in the past 3000 years.
A Theory trying to establish itself as Truthful Fact cannot be allowed to so by vandalising and rubbishing the existing True Proven Facts by sophisticated untruth and misjudgment. 😌

Reactions: jpc

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
It's well known that NASA photoshops images of the Earth, also you have the fish-eyed lens effect that shows a curve and a straight line horizon.

Now I'm not saying the Earth is flat, but in truth, we really don't know and we are relying on second hand information.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Well made point Anderson but the point of my images is 1.primarily to acknowledge the surface area of the global earth, 2.The curvature (fisheye) is secondary

we really don't know and we are relying on second hand information.

We do Know that the ISS is International and not a NASA laboratory of invention.
We are familiar with the OP image by our own experience in jet planes, that's very first hand to all.
The images in the vid are Nasa free and non fish eye as stated. The vid shows how easy it is for a group of FlatEarthers to make a rocket and send it up to make a vid of their reality and we can compare, no need for second hand information.
We all await . . .

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Now, here's a live rocket launch to ponder and enjoy, skip to 07:00 where the picture stabilizes and perhaps slow it down by half and stop it at different positions to study what's been shown.

It's been filmed with Rectilinear Lenses and gives us a better perspective of earths curvature.
Importantly it provides us with scale to the horizon - it demonstrates a real example of how much of the surface could possibly be seen on a globe.

Etc etc . . .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QsEPEhq5yk&list=PLQCOKOZuhSS2L8beLNb9qHNdRJu3qHnSU&index=19

Interesting. The Earth looks like a flat disc in this video, despite the fisheye lens distortion. There also appears to be a glowing ice wall around the whole perimeter.

• Haha

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Interesting. The Earth looks like a flat disc in this video, despite the fisheye lens distortion. There also appears to be a glowing ice wall around the whole perimeter.
Your analysis above is very interesting sir, thank you for participating.
See, I chose this video from a section on youtube entitled "Non Fish Eye Lense HA Footage".
That "glowing" is known to be the atmosphere illuminating with sunlight but lets say it's an Ice wall then at least now we have a definite position to as where it's located??

Once we have a location then we can advance to that point and send up a balloon and take some pictures?
The horizon is relatively close to the camera location.
Like the OP image - Ireland is located right at the horizon line, we can catch a plane from Spain and arrive in Dublin 2.5 hours later - Importantly its a short distance but that's all the terrain view which a globe can present but we know for sure that we're nowhere near the edge and there's no end of planet??

Think about that, visible curvature is secondary in this analysis, - beyond the horizon is the invisible terrain . . .

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
That "glowing" is known to be the atmosphere illuminating with sunlight
if there is no lens distortion, than the Earth is very tiny indeed. There is clearly no discernable earth curve before we hit the horizon. Flat as a disc

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
if there is no lens distortion, than the Earth is very tiny indeed. There is clearly no discernable earth curve before we hit the horizon. Flat as a disc

See, I'm learning that the Flat View must see all the countries spread out on the horizontal plane, now your comment suggests the earth is tiny because your horizontal view only shows a continent and half an ocean but the thing is on a globe all the other continents and oceans are on the unseen planes.

So to compare in simple terms the vids focal range (being only 59 miles high) covers all of the "11" spot

11 ball.jpg

The other planes are unseen. If we are at ISS altitude then we can see as far as Irelands tip and behind us we would see Nigeria or perhaps a bit beyond.

Look at a map of the world and draw a circle with the centre over morocco and a radius which stretches to Ireland and that's your field of view - Where's the remaining terrain? There's a lot to be accounted for🧐

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

I find it impossible to care about this question of the earth's shape, do you find that particularly nihilistic?

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
See, I'm learning that the Flat View must see all the countries spread out on the horizontal plane,
Not really. It depends on altitude from the ground plane. As we know, the horizon is an illusion created by both our distance from the ground, and the limitations of optics. Modern cameras for example, have pushed back our ability to see 'horizons' much farther than the eye can see.

in looking at the video a second time, it's clear the rocket doesn't get very high. Hence the limited range of what we can see.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Were you a Geocentrist before you became a Flat Earther so to speak?
I was indifferent until I discovered that combating geocentrism was a Kabbalisitc agenda. I did understand that the idea of populating space was likely pointless and unrealistic, practically speaking.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
I was indifferent until I discovered that combating geocentrism was a Kabbalisitc agenda. I did understand that the idea of populating space was likely pointless and unrealistic, practically speaking.

It is not something I shout about but I have been inclined more towards geocentrism than heliocentrism from 14/15. Astrology which I understand the problems with as it can easily lead into paganism and fatalism but which must have something to it as it has been around for so long and in so many different cultures works on Geocentric principles for one. Father George Florensky the great Russian mathematician, art historian and philosopher believed he had scientifically proven that the Sun goes around the Earth and not visa versa.

How is combating Geocentrism a Kabbalahistic agenda though? The Talmud teaches a flat earth with all that entails.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
How is combating Geocentrism a Kabbalahistic agenda though? The Talmud teaches a flat earth with all that entails.
The Kabbalah promotes the gnostic idea that the Earth is a material prison, something to be left behind and ascended away from. This was a strong motivator for the Space industry, which is soaked in occult symbolism and perpetuated by Freemasons, for the most part.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom