The Gemma Thread.

Skin the Goat

Reaction score
Declan,
When will dawn on you that you are the only poster here who takes this woman seriously.
What is it with American ex pats that they are always 10 - 20 years behind in their ideas of who are Irish role models?

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Declan,
When will dawn on you that you are the only poster here who takes this woman seriously.
What is it with American ex pats that they are always 10 - 20 years behind in their ideas of who are Irish role models?

Gemma's stuff and style at least as regards Southern Catholics is very recent. 10-20 years ago you could not imagine someone like her at all.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Declan,
Well I am celebrating today because the case brought by Veronica Guerens brother was just dropped, just like that. Because they do not want to put him under oath and answer some very sticky questions. I suspect that here following will grow.

Who is your irish role model??

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
If
Gemma was smart she would stay out of court. I do go to court on environmental law especially windmills. I am indirectly involved in a few now.

However when a campaigner has to go to court, he/she has already lost. Alex Jones just lost and is to pay a billion. Gemma lost too.

I offered Gemma my legal advice and she refused to take it. She is getting nowhere and I wish she was.
Watching your channel, I can see why you'd be enraged about those windmills. They're an utter blight on the countryside. A basic, fundamental insult to the natural surrounds.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Really good question. It varies from month to month.
Right now, this guy would be among the front runners:

Of all the 5 million, you admire a playwrite foremost.

What do you admire about this man, who Ibassume to be a decent writer, but hardly Henry David Thoreau.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
That clown. 😆

I suppose you admire Fr Brian D'Arcy, Mary Robinson-McAleese, Miggledy and Pantibliss as well.

People accused me on Politics.ie of Religion hopping but going from Presbyterianism to your standard "Low Church" conservative Irish Anglicanism was hardly a big move and going from the type of Anglican I became to a Catholic was hardly a big move either. Going from Catholic to Buddhist though is MASSIVE- he must of had a huge Spiritual crisis than bordered on being a clinical mental breakdown.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
But most of the time they just accused you of being obsessed with the joooooos
and being an old man pretending to be a younger woman in a gold bikini! :ROFLMAO:
You said yourself you were only pretending to be a woman and it was "fucking sick"

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
To be honest I had never heard of him until this thread. I am half tempted to get some of his stuff just to try and figure the thing out.
I would bet that nobody here ever heard of him.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
He was born in 1953. Some sort of boomer existential crisis?

My better half said something on this when I asked his opinion on the situation- he said that when I think of Buddhism, well I think in terms of actual Buddhist doctrine and historic Buddhism while as for a lot of contemporary Westerners Buddhism for them is just about being "Spiritual" (or feeling so) while rejecting the sense that you are accountable to a Higher Power who Created you and that could well be what was going on in this case. Sometimes he can be a cynical so and so but I am afraid there is a good enough possibility that he might be correct.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I would bet that nobody here ever heard of him.
Au contraire

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well he is hardly Tolstoy. If he is your most admired person in Ireland than there are not many admirable people there

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom