The Sinn Fein are Traitors Thread

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score

Keith Mills

@KeithMillsD7

#le24 #ep24 My second long-form thoughts tweet. This time on the
@sinnfeinireland
debacle. Over the past 48+ hours I've seen and heard many SF reps being asked what went wrong and none seem to be willing or able to answer the question, so let me try and help them. My thought is that #ge20 was probably a false dawn. The campaign was dominated by two things that played into SF's hands, the controversy over the RIC commemoration and the fact that voters were smart enough to know that Martin and Varadkar were telling bare-faced lies on going into a post election coalition. The poll boost in late 2022 to 2023 came because housing was the dominant issue and SF were seen as having populist solutions. Now few believe SF would do any better than the government on housing. When the focus moved to immigration SF were caught like a rabbit in the headlights. They simply didn't move early enough and were frozen and isolated from their voters. Their populist instincts never kicked in. It also has to be said that McDonald seems like a shadow of herself since her surgery last summer and last week's radio interview was an utter car-crash from a normally component performer. The flip-flops on immigration, the price of an affordable home, the hate speech legislation and re-running the failed referendums, gives the impression of a party with weak leadership, no core values and willing to change direction to chase votes. People don't know what they were voting for. Their candidate strategy was haphazard, their ground game was patchy at best (which is disastrous with new candidates) and throwing money willy-nilly at social media, to compensate suggests a party with more money than sense. Also, constantly coming across as angry, as many of their spokespeople do has passed its sell-by date. We need to hear a lot more from calmer voices like Rose Conway-Walsh, Martin Kenny and Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire and we need to hear how an SF government would be substantially better, otherwise people will opt for the devil they know. No one in SF is likely to listen to me, as I'm unlikely to ever vote for them, but they have a role to do as leaders of the opposition and they have not done that job and they are running out of time to do it.

8:29 PM · Jun 10, 2024
·
Views

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Who is Keith Mills Nordie?
He seems to be some political commentator on twitter. He was quite good during the repeal campaign. I'm not sure of his own party bias but find his commentary quite insightful and usually check out what he saying at time like this.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
That is a good summation Sir. You need to be putting it in the original post though!!!

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
image.png

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Fortunately SarsfieldsVirtualPub has been on the job

Declan

Administrator
Staff member