Trust the Science

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Post your stories of 'muh science' getting it very wrong, here:

• The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness. —Dr. Richard Horton, editor-in-chief of The Lancet
  • lt is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine. —Dr. Marcia Angell, physician and editor-in-chief of The New England Journal of Medicine
  • The medical profession is being bought by the pharmaceutical industry, not only in terms of the practice of medicine, but also in terms of teaching and research. The academic institutions of this country are allowing themselves to be the paid agents of the pharmaceutical industry. I think it’s disgraceful. —Arnold Seymour Reiman (died 2014), Professor of Medicine at Harvard University and former editor-in-chief of The New England Journal of Medicine
  • Everyone should know that most cancer research is largely a fraud, and that the major cancer research organisations are derelict in their duties to the people who support them. —Dr. Linus Pauling, (died 1994), two-time Nobel Prize winner in chemistry

Last edited:

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Most science research these days is fake; driven by greed for funding, corporate control or ideological insanity:

Science is in the throes of what is sometimes called the replication crisis, so named because a big hint that a scientific study is wrong is when other teams try to repeat it and get a different result. While some fields, such as psychology, initially seemed more liable than others to generate such “fake news”, almost every area of science has since come under suspicion. An entire field of genetics has even turned out to be nothing but a mirage.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Most science research these days is fake; driven by greed for funding, corporate control or ideological insanity:

Been happening for decades.
Funding for research grants is linked to results and the number of time's a paper is cited.
Then there's industry or government funded research that is designed to be specifically aimed at one area.
Results that are ambiguous or not providing the correct outcomes is considered a failure when it's anything but!
Research for the sake of science is pretty much extinct.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
A psychiatrist admits that psychiatry is a fake science:

medium-5e7b180ed6a4776bf7a7e6c399f8e139.png

I’ve been practicing psychiatry for 38 years. I love my job, my peers, and my patients. But I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m participating in the biggest intellectual scam of this era. We claim to be a science, but have no understanding how thought or behavior is generated.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
A psychiatrist admits that psychiatry is a fake science:

View attachment 1743

Of all the "sciences ".
This is so full of cognitive biases.
Inability to reproduce results.
Susceptibility to pharma lobbying.
The AMA have serious form in the above.
A huge amount of physiatrist drug's are very dubious in their efficacy.
And here's an interesting one.
In all the mass shooting events in the US.
You never hear mention of the prescription drugs the shooter's she on.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Of all the "sciences ".
This is so full of cognitive biases.
Inability to reproduce results.
Susceptibility to pharma lobbying.
The AMA have serious form in the above.
A huge amount of physiatrist drug's are very dubious in their efficacy.
And here's an interesting one.
In all the mass shooting events in the US.
You never hear mention of the prescription drugs the shooter's she on.
Not to say totally inconsistent.

One minute, a lad wanting his dick chopped off is considered a psychiatric patient requiring intervention, while the next there are marches through Dublin celebrating his choice!

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Not to say totally inconsistent.

One minute, a lad wanting his dick chopped off is considered a psychiatric patient requiring intervention, while the next there are marches through Dublin celebrating his choice!
Surely as a compromise they should just cut half his dick off (Longatudally (?) )

I mean sometimes compromises have to be made !

Hermit

Reaction score

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Pseudoscience and the Stink of Sulfur

In which it is claimed that reading alternative media instead of a healthy daily dose of narrative from the mainstream media is unhealthy for your heart:

As always, the inversion of the wicked is a reliable guide toward the truth. If you read the mainstream news, you were not only frightened and stressed out by the non-danger of Covid 19, but you probably got vaxxed and boosted, which inflicted material damage to your heart and increased your risk of strokes and turbo cancers.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Pseudoscience and the Stink of Sulfur

In which it is claimed that reading alternative media instead of a healthy daily dose of narrative from the mainstream media is unhealthy for your heart:

Bland conformity is the best way huh!
The mushroom agenda being pushed into academia in the surprise surprise.
Social anything but science's.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
To me this is proper science at work. Gravity exists in our everyday experience of the universe, but what is it exactly? Nobody really knows and I see no reason why scientists should feel embarrassed by being flummoxed by one of Nature's great puzzles, it just goes to show we are nowhere near as clever as we like to think we are.

Reactions: jpc

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Gravity ~ When objects with mass affect space.

Gravity ~ Space's reaction to objects with mass ~ Maybe call that Spacetime reaction to objects with mass.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom