Ukraine.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
This vid highlights how France's continued exploitation of many of its old African colonies is being threatened by Russia, hence Macron's super-aggressive attitude towards Russia:

View: https://youtu.be/fiD24uEvY1U?si=mJcj3mBLMQzAkAUb

There's a mega amount to absorb there and it starts to throw more light on the EU's involvement in the conflict. We can be sure than the French have been pushing the EU ever further into this and found a willing idiot in the form of Ursula, who as we all suspect, has reasons of her own anyway.

I must admit that the extent of France's involvement in Africa was completely unknown to me, other than a vague connection with Algeria. Is it the case that much of the misery of sub Saharan Africa that we hear about is because France has kept its foot on the head of a drowning man? There is probably a case to be made for it.

Last edited:

Ruck Da Fules!

Reaction score
There's a mega amount to absorb there and it starts to throw more light on the EU's involvement in the conflict. We can be sure than the French have been pushing the EU ever further into this and found a willing idiot in the form of Ursula, who as we all suspect, has reasons of her own anyway.

I must admit that the extent of France's involvement in Africa was completely unknown to me, other than a vague connection with Algeria. Is it the case that much of the misery of sub Saharan Africa that we hear about is because France has kept its foot on the head of a drowning man? There is probably a case to be made for it.
To be honest bar France driving the destruction of Libya due to that country planning to create a new African currency that would've competed with the French Franc, still widely used in Africa, I wasn't aware of the level of French involvement in many of the other countries mentioned in that vid.

It does appear that they've been keeping various puppet regimes in place. Regimes that facilitate French rape while they get rich, to the detriment of their own people.

Seems to be the old colonialist playbook. Russia and China must be providing more fairer options to some of these countries.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
It's all just one big video game to the generals and their army of online bootlicking shills.

Drone technology being blamed for the failiure of the great four season offensive, nothing to do with the fact that it it hadn't a hope in the first place due to Ukraine simply not having the capabiity to undertake such an operation.

It's the blame game at work, looking for excuses rather than admit Russia has kicked ass.

Wolf

Reaction score

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
So liitle boy Zelensky has come to the considered conclusion that more money will sort it. Well now, there's a shocker....

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
To be honest bar France driving the destruction of Libya due to that country planning to create a new African currency that would've competed with the French Franc, still widely used in Africa, I wasn't aware of the level of French involvement in many of the other countries mentioned in that vid.

It does appear that they've been keeping various puppet regimes in place. Regimes that facilitate French rape while they get rich, to the detriment of their own people.

Seems to be the old colonialist playbook. Russia and China must be providing more fairer options to some of these countries.
The mention of Russia having miltary boots on the ground was interesting. Far from being a dormant force, as we were told, it suggests that it has been active, although in a different sphere of action.

Quite what difference Macron thinks 2,000 grunts will make aganst a force he has already faced and retreated from in Africa is one of life's great unknowns.

Ruck Da Fules!

Reaction score
The mention of Russia having miltary boots on the ground was interesting. Far from being a dormant force, as we were told, it suggests that it has been active, although in a different sphere of action.

Quite what difference Macron thinks 2,000 grunts will make aganst a force he has already faced and retreated from in Africa is one of life's great unknowns.
I've heard a few analysts say this 2000 would be designed to break the ice, so to speak, thus (hopefully, from Macron's point of view) leading to other nations sending troops, meaning defacto NATO boots on the ground.

Insanity isn't it.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I've heard a few analysts say this 2000 would be designed to break the ice, so to speak, thus (hopefully, from Macron's point of view) leading to other nations sending troops, meaning defacto NATO boots on the ground.

Insanity isn't it.
I seem to recall that the French defence minister poured cold water on the idea and it doesn't appear to have gained much traction elsewhere. What are 2,000 troops going to do on their own? They'll be a hot target for the Russians and they will need some hardware to back them up. The lack of enthusiam from elsewhere is palpable.

There might be some sanity breaking through after all.

Last edited:

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that the French defence minister poured cold water on the idea and it doesn't appear to have gained much traction elsewhere. What are 2,000 troops going to do on their own? They'll be a hot target for the Russians and they will need some hardware to back them up. The lack of enthusiam from elsewhere is palpable.

There might be some sanity breaking through after all.
Only when a Russian missile lands in the Parliament in Brussels.
Maybe then!

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score

Popular Threads

Top Bottom