Ukraine.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Now that Putin has recognized the republics, it looks like the ball is now in the Ukrainian court and they can accept it or move in in force with the 250000 and in essence, imo, commit suicide.
Any thoughts.

T

Test

Now that Putin has recognized the republics, it looks like the ball is now in the Ukrainian court and they can accept it or move in in force with the 250000 and in essence, imo, commit suicide.
Any thoughts.
As was the case of the Georgian incident a few years back, the Ukrainians will knuckle under after the Russians sufficiently arm their clients in these republics and engage in the appropriate saber-rattling. They realize Uncle Sam's cavalry ain't coming to the rescue, and they won't risk Kiev and Ukraine proper to cling to an overwhelmingly ethnically, culturally and religiously Russian backwater.

Sanctions are a paper tiger as well since the Russians have been hoarding gold for some time now and the Germans won't risk Vlad shutting the gas off should they play along with Biden.

The Russians have exercised the patience of Job and unbelievable restraint as the US has committed decades of aggressions against a slew of Russian allies, not to mention moving NATO onto her front door. One can only hope this will accelerate NATO's decline and the further decline of American influence in Europe (perhaps with the French taking a more visible role), the Middle and Near East.

William Fulbright paraphrased simply what both James Madison and John Quincy had to allow with regards to American adventurism when he stated, "The price of empire is liberty." We've been financially bled white by American foreign policy and the Bill of Rights has been set alight and binned in the process. I, for one, am sick to death of all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Test

This talk may seem a bit dated, but it encapsulates and counters all the wrongthink the US and her NATO allies have been engaged in. Mearsheimer is unfortunately a voice in the wilderness:

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
They are going in.

valamhic

Reaction score
They are going in.
Yes: Putin has ordered troops to enter eastern Ukraine. I called it right. There will be hardship and opportunity. Hopefully this will break the back of the Woke Green left hysterics of the modern west and weaken the climate hysteria we were forced to endure up to now

This would never happen had Trump been president.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I am surprised there isnot a bigger reaction from financial markets. Maybe it is recognized that the West is powerless and Putin is happy with just the two republics.

valamhic

Reaction score
I am surprised there is not a bigger reaction from financial markets. Maybe it is recognized that the West is powerless and Putin is happy with just the two republics.
The markets are not smart enough. When the crash comes it will catch them by surprise and most will get skinned. Putin was behind the war on fossil fuel, he timed this crisis to coincide with the coldest weather. Germany needs Russian gas and has closed its nuclear power stations.

Russia produces one tenth of the world's oil and its price is up. As the saying goes, the Yanks play poker and the Russian play chess.

T

Test

I willcheck that but Germany is certainly screwed.
They are indeed. Especially since they've mothballed further work on the NordStream pipeline. I follow a Bavarian gent on YouTube who talks at length about the abysmal energy infrastructure in Germany and it seems the gas will run out there by the middle of March. Believe it or not, they are ramping up use of lignite-fired power plants to fill the gap.

Not only have the Germans shot themselves in the one foot, they've shot themselves in the other as well.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Exactly, very little thermal output as coal goes.
Germany has done everything wrong. For what used to be a technical leader, it should be fully nuclear.

valamhic

Reaction score
Exactly, very little thermal output as coal goes.
Germany has done everything wrong. For what used to be a technical leader, it should be fully nuclear.
The idea that they can transition from fuel to wind and solar is so strongly entrenched in the minds of those in power in Europe that it can only be removed by removing them. The timing of this was meant to coincide with the winter cold. I am hoping for blackouts and gas shortages.

T

Test

Fuel is $6.00/gal. at some petrol stations in L.A. and I've been paying $5.00 for diesel for weeks on end. Apparently it's our patriotic duty to take it in the shorts for Biden's idiotic energy and foreign policies and soon pay $8.00.

He's a contemptible bog-trotter whose family has been in the pockets of Ukrainian kleptocrats and lobbyists for years, but our supporting the Ukraine is "what we are."

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
For the first time in decades, we have a real war.

T

Test

Russians are not dicking around apparently. I expected low-intensity stuff and simple troop occupation:

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
What is the odds that Zellensky will have fled by sun up.

valamhic

Reaction score
Fuel is $6.00/gal. at some petrol stations in L.A. and I've been paying $5.00 for diesel for weeks on end. Apparently it's our patriotic duty to take it in the shorts for Biden's idiotic energy and foreign policies and soon pay $8.00.

He's a contemptible bog-trotter whose family has been in the pockets of Ukrainian kleptocrats and lobbyists for years, but our supporting the Ukraine is "what we are."

Right so you are in America. $5 is X 3.78 litres = $1.32 a litre and its 171 Euros in Ireland but discounted in some places to 1.61 euros.

So if we take Petrol its 10 cent more.

Now to compare. Diesel in CA is $1.32 a litre or 1.18 euros.

In Ireland it is $1.89 cheapest

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom