Combat Sports

Myles O'Reilly

As for the Combat Sports thread, horrible title, don't like it. My title was (clean, crisp and) xcellent - UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship (No one would have cared if you slipped in something about Bellator or boxing or whatevs)
Sir do you think Khabib will come out of retirement for Charlie Olives?

D

Deleted member 122

Sir do you think Khabib will come out of retirement for Charlie Olives?
No, I don't think so.

I mean, if there's one fighter you would believe announcing their retirement (and the manner in which he did it) it's Khabib.

It's a shame, though. It remains an unlocked puzzle (and I would have liked to have seen a few more attempts at it) - can Khabib be beaten? McGregor was credited with winning one of the few rounds against him.. Could Oliveira beat him? I have no reason to believe that either but it would certainly be a fight worth watching..

valamhic

Staff member
I have to say that in my 20s no one round here could beat me in a street fight. I wonder how I
would fare against Colm McGregger? I don't know and if I fought him fair I would probably lose.

If he walloped a friend, I would go for him but pick my time and place.

Myles O'Reilly

Anyone into skittles?
I often go into the local bowling alley for a coffee and a sandwich (maybe a cheeky pint).

There does be a group of elderly men playing there all the time and they're very good. Not a bad sport when the aul joints are sqeaking.

But I suspect you're referring to the traditional road skittles?

valamhic

Staff member
I often go into the local bowling alley for a coffee and a sandwich (maybe a cheeky pint).

There does be a group of elderly men playing there all the time and they're very good. Not a bad sport when the aul joints are sqeaking.

But I suspect you're referring to the traditional road skittles?
We don't do bowling, that is too British. We use 5 pins and a stick. There is road Bouwling too. played in Cork and Armagh