Interesting quote by anti-Christian Italian Philosopher on the concept of evolution and the possibile psychology behind it.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yeah. Whatever. So, speaking of progress and evidence. Walk us through the evidence around the elongation of Giraffes necks.
Sir, you mentioned evolution not me. You said the Giraffe was created this way.

If its between the two, your explanation is even worse considering your Creator purposely made them with so many faults.

Why did he do this? Was he having a laugh or was it actually his best effort?

Myles O'Reilly

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Fish has confirmed he's a man. I doubt Tiger is a woman given the foulmouthed language he deploys.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that but the issue of how each leaf agrees /interacts/gives and takes with each other leaf is not explained here .
if only one leaf decided not to co operate the plant would self destruct .
there is a very sophisticated engineering process here which we do not have the ability to replicate .
why is water capillary it does not need to be however if it was not its own pump then the tons of water which travel from the ground could not climb the tree out to the branches onto the leaves sometimes tons of water in each tree as the tree does not have a pump of its own.
we would have no plant life and therefore no life on the planets surface if the water did not climb /was not its own water pump.
everywhere you look in ""NATURE "" there is advanced engineering on a level we cannot replicate and of a sophistication impossible to develop if left to chance .
The answer to this is physics. Evolution can only create designs mathematically/architecturally approved by physics. This is why, for example, the blue whale is the largest animal to ever exist. As for the specific design of cabbages and how physics orientates this, that's a question for somebody with far knowledge than I possess. Sacred geometry new age types are particularly interested in this.

Capillary action does not work like a pump, so that's not really a useful comparison to make. But if you've ever siphoned the water out of a fish tank it's more or less the same principle.

The problem both you and Tiger have with all this is that you're not giving enough credence to time, and the influence of time on biology. James also can't quite get his head around this, despite believing in evolution. There are things in this world far older than we are. We have not been here very long. Ctenophores are thought be around 500M years old, in fact.

n > Quotes > Quotable Quote​

(?)
Henry Beston

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate for having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein do we err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with the extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”​

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I have a busy day so can't get too involved, but I might point out that the same hydrostatic problems would have been encountered by such dinosaurs as those of the brontosaurus family. If we assume that nature had developed a similar cardiovascular system to cope with these internal stresses then it pushes back the arrival of such systems to the Jurassic period, greatly reducing the time available for the standard model of evolution to work.

I'm not calling upon any supernatural force to answer these sort of problems, just suggesting we really don't know all there is to know about evolution.

Hermit

Reaction score
Evolution can only create designs mathematically/architecturally approved by physics.
Evolution is a theory, whether true or false it cannot create designs.

The problem both you and Tiger have with all this is that you're not giving enough credence to time, and the influence of time on biology.
Time is conceptual, not physical, so it cannot influence biology.

There are things in this world far older than we are. We have not been here very long. Ctenophores are thought be around 500M years old, in fact.
Estimations of how long earth has existed is based on highly spurious dating methods. The millions & billions of years timeline was created because evolution and big bang cosmology require those extremely long timeframes.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a busy day so can't get too involved, but I might point out that the same hydrostatic problems would have been encountered by such dinosaurs as those of the brontosaurus family. If we assume that nature had developed a similar cardiovascular system to cope with these internal stresses then it pushes back the arrival of such systems to the Jurassic period, greatly reducing the time available for the standard model of evolution to work.

I'm not calling upon any supernatural force to answer these sort of problems, just suggesting we really don't know all there is to know about evolution.
I, too, have doubts about this. We have bones, but what we don't have is complete anatomical specimens. I find it difficult to believe something as massive as a brontosaurus could have been cold-blooded in the sense that modern reptiles are.
Evolution is a theory, whether true or false it cannot create designs.

Time is conceptual, not physical, so it cannot influence biology.

Estimations of how long earth has existed is based on highly spurious dating methods. The millions & billions of years timeline was created because evolution and big bang cosmology require those extremely long timeframes.
In a sense, I actually agree with you on this point. At least inasmuch as time cannot be measured in the hands of a clock. I remember watching a doco years ago about several members of uncontacted Amazonian tribe who left the jungle to join civilization. The linguist/anthropologist dealing with them was trying to explain the concept of time to them--clock time, that is, and they flat out could not understand what he was talking about and more or less said it was the most ridiculous system imaginable. Their concept of time was based on observations of nature, it was embedded in the material. Regardless, this is semantics. The passage of time, however you want to measure it, invariably comes with mutability and change, and change is the only constant.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I, too, have doubts about this. We have bones, but what we don't have is complete anatomical specimens. I find it difficult to believe something as massive as a brontosaurus could have been cold-blooded in the sense that modern reptiles are.
A lot may be deduced from bones but as you point out, we need the soft tissue to be sure.

What is generally meant by cold bloodied is that such animals are unable to regulate their temperature by physiological means, eg, sweating. An animal the size of a brontosaurus will certainly have been warm with all those billions of cells metabolizing and producing heat. How did it stop itself overheating if it did not have some mechanism for shedding it is the more pertinent question to my mind.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
And why was my post here not only deleted (without any alert) but edited, too? -

Post in thread 'Interesting quote by anti-Christian Italian Philosopher on the concept of evolution and the possibile psychology behind it.' https://www.sarsfieldsvirtualpub.co...possibile-psychology-behind-it.722/post-77888

I recall that I said that @AUL LAD had talked utter shite in this thread (so who's he to be calling anyone else a moron?)

Repeat: Who is deleting my posts (without any alert) AND editing the quote?

If it's zealot Zippo then how in the whole wide world of fuck hasn't she been fired??
It probably was Zip, s/he is a terrible mod. Declan fucked the dog handing her a gavel. Entirely unfit for duty.

Tiger

Reaction score
And why was my post here not only deleted (without any alert) but edited, too? -

Post in thread 'Interesting quote by anti-Christian Italian Philosopher on the concept of evolution and the possibile psychology behind it.' https://www.sarsfieldsvirtualpub.co...possibile-psychology-behind-it.722/post-77888

I recall that I said that @AUL LAD had talked utter shite in this thread (so who's he to be calling anyone else a moron?)

Repeat: Who is deleting my posts (without any alert) AND editing the quote?

If it's zealot Zippo then how in the whole wide world of fuck hasn't she been fired??
I imagine that whatever post of yours that was removed was most likely worthless abuse, like 99% of your contributions to this site.

Case closed.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine that whatever post of yours that was removed was most likely worthless abuse, like 99% of your contributions to this site.

Case closed.
I have had my run-in's with James before, but his posts don't deserve to be edited/deleted because a mod doesn't like what is contained therein. I'm proud of him lately, he's been self-moderating far better than he has been in the past.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
It probably was Zip, s/he is a terrible mod. Declan fucked the dog handing her a gavel. Entirely unfit for duty.
it was not zipporas flint nothing to do with her -- a person worthy of respect .
i am not thin skinned and i do not get involved with morons chewing magic mushrooms which leads them to fill never ending posts and pages of posts stuck on the mad belief that a giraffes head should explode if he got a drink of water .
abuse is abuse and nothing to trouble yourself with -- however to state in writing you would kill somebody if given the opportunity is a different matter and it is a crime under Irish law to discuss /offer/promise to kill a person .
i am the person who reported this and i had good reason.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
For fukk's sake Aul Lad. There was no such thing as touting when you grew up in the 30's in Castlecomer.

You sound like a blue haired Gen Z Tranny 😔

Tiger

Reaction score
I have had my run-in's with James before, but his posts don't deserve to be edited/deleted because a mod doesn't like what is contained therein
I’d agree if it was quality argument in favour or against something, however in this case it was calling another poster a cunt and hoping they die of a heart attack.

Not exactly quality content.
. I'm proud of him lately, he's been self-moderating far better than he has been in the past.
That’s very charitable, you must be seeing something that I can’t.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom