Is The Economy Just Now Falling Apart

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
This is awashed up market. When you see it opening higher and then just caving, you know there is unease o er something underneath the surface
Is'nt that what happened to cause the .com bubble/crash, everybody had dumped real stocks like silver and gold to invest in Tech companies with many of them literally worthless including their sky's-the-limit future 📈projection charts📈 but so many had invested hugely in them that their stock values overvalued beyond the beyond? What started that crash/avalanche back then?

Was skimming over a zero hedge story or maybe it came from here, could have been on the green energy scam thread here not sure now, but the rough bones of it is that an Asian EV car manufacturer who recently sprang out of nowhere and produces basic entry level vehicles and with only €250 million in total assets on paper, it has suddenly become worth over $9Billion or was it $90 Billion in actual stock value. Article said it's worth more than GM & Ford combined such is it's unrealistically high valuation.
Obviously the stock holders would be itching to sell at this point - So long as no body notices too quickly 🤫

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
If real value was the yardstick to buying anything then nobody would but say the 100 year bond at 4.33% because in 10 years that investment will be drastically less valuable in real terms.

You only buy if you think the price will increase, then you care nothing about value, you just grab a profit. That worked well for about 40 years til about 18 months ago . Now after last year I think you are down about 30%

Reactions: jpc

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
If real value was the yardstick to buying anything then nobody would but say the 100 year bond at 4.33% because in 10 years that investment will be drastically less valuable in real terms.

You only buy if you think the price will increase, then you care nothing about value, you just grab a profit. That worked well for about 40 years til about 18 months ago . Now after last year I think you are down about 30%
Yep
The mother of all bubbles.
Is going to go pop!
Not good for anyone!

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if silver and gold respond inversely, I'll be paying off the mortgage
I wish you well with that strategy.
Would it be better to stash the silver.
And splash the digital cash?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I wish you well with that strategy.
Would it be better to stash the silver.
And splash the digital cash?
I think silver is vest as an investment. And certainly best in Ireland. Getting it though,at a reasonable price is tough.

Wolf

Reaction score

Looks like San Fran is leading the way. When will the tipping point to all out savagery occur.
When a flagship store like that closes in a shopping center the rest of the smaller stores close soon after due to lack of footfall.
California is in deep shit....literally.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230829-090836_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230829-090615_Finance.jpg

It is just a question of which major currency is going to collapse first. And we are talking in the next short number of weeks because the mathematics will deliver a graph like the argentine pesos is now.

To me it looks like the yen.

I recently had out this Japanese money manager. I have no idea how much he had under management but that does not matter. He said he had it all in dollar denominated assets. So in the past month he is up 6% and looking like a genius. Everyone else is likely doing similiar in a lot of places.

For that reason the dollar will be strong until the day it is realized that the jig is up.

All one has to do is walk through any city in the US with a few exceptions like Boston, and anyone would run to the hills.

So what will be the straw.

I think the rising national debt. Look at the daily rises, up 40 billion some days.

150 billion in the last 10 days

Screenshot_20230829-092447_Chrome.jpg

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Weinmar time is nigh.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is now as well. I just see it every day I go in town.

And I am in Boston, where people from everyplace else marvel on the cleanliness and relative lack of homelessness.

Everyplace was like Boston, not to long ago.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
This 25 minute video with Matthew Piepenburg and myself is probably one of the most important discussions that we have had. For years we have both warned investors about the consequences of a system based on unlimited money printing, debt creation and money debasement. The world economy and the financial system is now on the cusp of a precipice. No one can forecast when the coming violent turn will come. It can take years or it can happen tomorrow. Future historians will tell us when it happened.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWjPH5GVUs&t=9s

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Explains the mad rush to CBDCs as well
Complete confiscation of private wealth and confidential spending of same.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I Minimize the money I have in banks now. I have three accounts in two banks and was below a total of $200 combined. I need them to process payments and checks. If I have deductible expenses like today I am replacing 3 tires for a $1000 so I will do that after a check comes in, and bring it then down to a small amount to cover small expenses like treating people to a meal.

But certainly, if things fold, I will not be in line at a bank anyway.

I urge everyone to minimize cash in banks.

Jay Homer Simpson

Reaction score
I know very little about economics but I know these facts, back in late 2019 the Irish government buzz words were "not enough fiscal space" a long comes Covid lockdowns in 2020 and even the biggest lockdown supporter thought that there'd be economic hardship, higher income tax and massive business failures and public spending cuts post covid but in fact post covid the government are spending more money than ever before, we never hear about "fiscal space" anymore. 4th class maths would tell you something doesn't add up.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
T
I Minimize the money I have in banks now. I have three accounts in two banks and was below a total of $200 combined. I need them to process payments and checks. If I have deductible expenses like today I am replacing 3 tires for a $1000 so I will do that after a check comes in, and bring it then down to a small amount to cover small expenses like treating people to a meal.

But certainly, if things fold, I will not be in line at a bank anyway.

I urge everyone to minimize cash in banks.
Tricky when one has just sold a house, but I do hear of the growing popularity of people keeping a pot of cash handy, 'just in case'.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
I know very little about economics but I know these facts, back in late 2019 the Irish government buzz words were "not enough fiscal space" a long comes Covid lockdowns in 2020 and even the biggest lockdown supporter thought that there'd be economic hardship, higher income tax and massive business failures and public spending cuts post covid but in fact post covid the government are spending more money than ever before, we never hear about "fiscal space" anymore. 4th class maths would tell you something doesn't add up.
Fiscal Space = = Get ready for a Load Of Shit down upon you ! !

Jay Homer Simpson

Reaction score
I didn't really understand until Covid that the 2008 economic crash and subsequent austerity was a completely fake event. I mean completely shutdown the western worlds economy for 2.5 years over a cold with no consequences but some banking and construction failures require years of austerity, like Hello?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom