Is The Economy Just Now Falling Apart

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
No I don't plaster.....I could put on a scratch coat of sand and cement no problem but Its not my bag ......I build with lime mortar now again .....I'd say the brother does well lime plastering , it's in demand

I am to be found building things like this

View attachment 3112

New thread starting soon 'coals masonry and restoration thread'
This is very fine work. How long does it take you to do a run OF ABOUT 1MX1M?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
This is only scratching at the surface of the complexities of farming and the food chain in general, yet at its core the reason we enjoy relatively cheap food, measured as a proportion of household expenditure, is because the retailers have put pressure on farmers to reduce costs and the farming community has, to a large extent, responed by becoming more efficient.
Would an example of this be Val using a piss bucket to fertilise his cabbage patch?

valamhic

Reaction score
No I don't plaster.....I could put on a scratch coat of sand and cement no problem but Its not my bag ......I build with lime mortar now again .....I'd say the brother does well lime plastering , it's in demand

I am to be found building things like this

View attachment 3112

New thread starting soon 'coals masonry and restoration thread'
Good. I sometimes use a 3/1 lime sand mix instead of concrete for old stone work. You don't have to sour it like long ago. You can use it as it comes. I have the supplier's details and it is only slightly dearer that Portland cement.

valamhic

Reaction score
Those pictures put paid to Val's claim that you're a lorry driver who delivers Kerosene to folk Sir.
Val does not fit into any occupational category. I have taken three Judicial Review in the last 4 years and won one. I should have won them all but the judge was crooked. I battled 7 lawyers inn the Pylons case, An intelligent man can turn his hand to anything.

valamhic

Reaction score
Looks like the rate on the 10 year us going above 5% today and the yen is going below 150.

Two vital milestones.
That is right, I am watching it tight. I have great news. Greencoat Renewables closed on 88 cent this evening.
The board says "dropping fast" These stocks were bought @1 Euro. Investors are down 12 cent. They have invested in wind farms the accounts of which say they are permanent loss makers.

valamhic

Reaction score
The most hilarious part of these videos is that Val still doesn't understand what causes a stock price to increase or decrease.
Now is your change. You can buy these shares now at 88 cent. Just keep them until they rise through the roof and you will make a stack. Off you go!

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Now is your change. You can buy these shares now at 88 cent. Just keep them until they rise through the roof and you will make a stack. Off you go!
That's not what I mean.

You are operating under the delusion that fundamentals such as market cap and cash flow dictate stock prices, and they do not.

That's not how it works.

valamhic

Reaction score
Ah he does in many ways and does a great job in exposing many aspects of the false values attributed to Green Industry, Would be very up to date on agricultural, land/real estate, engineering industries.

Sure who has a masterful understanding of the stock market these days? Many experts are caught out, even industry leaders make mistakes which cause stock to crash?
My greatest hero of all the men that ever lived, is Bernard Madoff, he ripped 50 billion $ of some of the most astute Jewish investors. I was very sad when he died.

valamhic

Reaction score
That's not what I mean.

You are operating under the delusion that fundamentals such as market cap and cash flow dictate stock prices, and they do not.

That's not how it works.
Then buy Greencoat shares now @88 cent. You say they will rise, buy now on the down side and make a stack. In other words put your money where your mouth is!

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Then buy Greencoat shares now @88 cent. You say they will rise, buy now on the down side and make a stack. In other words put your money where your mouth is!
I've never heard of them.

I don't buy nags when there's fillys in the market, and I buy rumours and sell news.

valamhic

Reaction score
If he were to measure it out, a tablespoon per cabbage, rather than heave the lot over over the whole patch then yep, that would be a marked increase in efficiency.
A very nice family used to drop out to my farm for a walk down by the river on the nice days last year and this year. Man wife an sone and daughter. I would give him a two heads of cabbage and 2 heads of lettuce now and again. He always said quietly "At least we know there were no dogs pissing on them"

valamhic

Reaction score
I've never heard of them.

I don't buy nags when there's fillys in the market, and I don't buy rumours. I sell news.
They are a publicly quoted company in Ireland and on there London Stock exchange.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
They are a publicly quoted company in Ireland and on there London Stock exchange.
Of course they're public if they're listed on the exchange you muppet.

What's the ticker?

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
In some ways this guy ( Yanus Varoufakis ) kinda annoys me ( I am not even sure why ? ) = = But I though this was an interesting chat.

I think that the reason he annoys me is that when he had a chance to do something about this stuff years ago when he was part of the Greek Government = = He turned out to be a Damp Squib ! !

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatYrw0uqjU

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom