Moore Street

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
One of the comments from below:

I was friends with a wonderful trader from O'Moore st. Lyra was her name. I was working one day and she came into me, and said with a total serious face that she had aids. Well, my mind was totally flummoxed. She was in her 70s in the 90s which trust me when I say having a 70 year old woman telling me that she had aids leaves the mind just literally going wtf the I just hear? Then came Lyra's impish smile, knowing she just pulled a epic prank, with the words, Yes, I have aids. A bandaid, a hearing aid and a lucozade.
I think you're a sentimental old sausage like myself.

I came across this woman a few years ago on YouTube.

Coincidentally she has popped up in my inbox after all the Moore Street stuff I've been watching. Sometime you should have a goo at it.

I love nice aul dears, whether they are Dubs, Culchies or English ladies -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XNv0QGwdA

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Check out Mrs Kavanagh and her grandkids at 14 mins 15 seconds in the clip posted above.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
For Myles O'Reilly -

I used to watch Eamon as a kid - his show was called - ME JEWEL AND DARLIN' DUBLIN.

I'm breaking me bollix laughing at him now - please check him out at 18 mins 15 seconds of the above clip.

RTE don't make'em like this anymore.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Actually Myles, watch the whole show and listen to him talking to the ladies from the Daisy Market.

Jesus wept.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Not if the I.M.L.A. was in charge.

The daughters and grand-daughters of these mighty women would be there right now, if the I.M.L.A. were in power

They would also be selling Organic fruit and veg grown within a 20 mile radius of Moore Street.

They'd be providing the healthiest of food to the town - if we were in charge.

You Irish need a leader like me Idi, or Benito Mussollini.

Otherwise you're toast.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x96vi5SZLaE

Valamhic - please listen to Eamon saying exactly what Idi O'Min said about his plans for Moore Street a few posts earlier.

Its only 15seconds long - click on 23 mins zero seconds -

Basically what Eamon says is what the I.M.L.A. and all decent Ugandans wish for Ireland.

Wiclow parsnoooops, Dublin sproooooooots. Louth turnooooops.

And the odd Cavan rabbit.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Sir, I've watched that series of Eamon's twice. Its a classic.

There's only around half a dozen or so on Youtube. Its a pity his other shows like the one you watched as a child aren't uploaded.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Eamon's parting shot at the end of that wonderful documentary is -

"In every street in Dublin there's a University."

R.I.P. Eamon Mac Thomais.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Here's a great Irish singer, singing a song written by one of the most gifted Irish poets of all time - on a par with Raftery.

This lad was born and reared in Sheriff Street and dandered up and down Moore Street often.

This rendition is beautiful, but the one I've posted after is even better, but sadly the last verse is not recorded -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIqr1Ge8Z5w

The following will never be equalled -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbaU0LEALY0

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
An incredible woman Sham. She'd be in her mid 80's now if I make that out right. Hopefully she's still with us.
Also - check out the way the pigs treated these ladies in the documentary I posted above.

Fatskinnycunts.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
You Irish are a pathetic race.

There was no Ugandans or Africans in Ireland when this destruction of your culture was going on.

As Radiohead sang - You Do It to Yourselves -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIFLtNYI3Ls

You're a race of absolute wasters, squanderers and petit-bourgeoise tarts.

To hell with you Irish dumbasses - I'm moving back to Uganda.

Thicks.

Slan,

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Bernie makes a few appearances in the following wonderful documentary -
A very good Docu indeed.

Thankfully the fruit market near Smithfield has finally gotten the go-ahead for redevelopment

original

Last edited:

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
One of the comments below the video from a Mr Teck echos Val's sentiments regarding dodgy behaviour and the law

Moore Street now rings with the sound of "cigarettes/tobacco". These women who sold poor quality fruit and vegetables to those who would not know any different now used the same pitches to flog illegally obtained tobacco products - usually bought in from their second homes in the canaries etc. Moore street is not a cultural thing - it should be closed down once and for all the genuine fruit/flower pitches at other parts of the city better regulated. Ditto Henry Street at Christmas with its dangerous toys and fake perfume. Please do not glamourise what is going on at the moment - its criminal - nothing less.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom