The best Alleged Alien Autopsy post I have ever seen.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
Yeah
Who's to say that an omnipotent being doesn't do something in a blink of its eyelid that takes an eternity in our time frame.
Or throws the creation dice and watches what springs up this time around.
Why not?

Or perhaps the higher being and the universe are one and the same and what we observe as evolution is its development towards some end goal-- of which we're, obviously, a part of.

Essentially, the universe could be a sort of super organism.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Or perhaps the higher being and the universe are one and the same and what we observe as evolution is its development towards some end goal-- of which we're, obviously, a part of.

Essentially, the universe could be a sort of super organism.
Great thought.
If you look around there's a electron microscope image of brain neural networks linking to each other.
Then there's a photo of galaxy clusters spread through the universe as we can see it linking imperceptibly until you see the bigger picture.
Interesting similarities. On that note.
Ti's time to crash out and contemplate some thought provoking idea's from this evening.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
WTF does that mean

As as are the vast majority of atheists (not capitalised)

Sort of like most human beings you've ever known are Christian?

Everyone is, obsequious toads don't tend to be really happy

What's holding you back?
A) I aceept that it will probably always exist, and there's little point in trying to dissuade people out of it. Oftentimes this is an immoral thing to do. Would you berate a dying old woman, with nobody left to care about her in the world, over having faith in Christ and belief in a happy ever-after? Because I wouldn't. That would be sadism of the most perverse and highest order.

B)I disagree. Most are militant and use their atheism as a a platform to announce tgheir alleged intellectual superiority.

C) Fair enough, though I'd toss you into that same pile Jimbo. I can't remember the last time you appeared happy about anything.

D) It would be disingenous. I can't force myself to believe in something that is so implausable.

tldr

Reaction score
It's mythology.

Did you know that there was a Great Flood? As far as we know it only happened once.

The Carnian Pluvial Event: When It Rained For 2 Million Years On Earth - IFL Science

Apparently, massive eruptions injected enormous quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere and raised global temperature to a point where vast quantities of water vapour circulated through the water cycle and it rained for two million years.

Isn't that extraordinary? I mean the Black Sea deluge and all that but there was actually a direct parallel in geological history. Maybe we are told in ways we can understand - let Jimbo be a caution to our presumptions.

It was generally agreed that Chesterton's book on Aquinas was excellent and the best synopsis of his life and work. There's a link to it below - reheated Aristotelianism is a bit rich.

https://archive.org/details/saint-thomas-aquinas-by-g-k-chesterton/page/n19/mode/2up

tldr

Reaction score
Fascinating that we're having such an interesting discussion about something posted on reddit.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
And don't call me "Jimbo"

Or I will come over there to your tropical hick town and kick the shit out of your dumb, hick Aussie ass
Why are you so sensitive about this?

And change the fucking record, sunshine. You're a talker. When it comes down to brass tacks you don't have the sack to show against an old man. And besides that, I have no interest in wailing on someone who has no idea what they're doing. It's just not going to happen. But if I might offer some advice, maybe don't go spouting off like that in RL. You never know what you're in until you're in it.

tldr

Reaction score
Much more fascinating than having a conversation with you

I used an AI image generator. What do you think?

Untitled.jpg

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you call me Jimbo?
Because you don't like it and it makes you lose the rag.

FYI if your name is James, and you cam to Australia, you would probably wind up being called Jimbo whether you liked it or not. It's a curious Australianism. We create Monikers but simply tacking an O on to the end of virtually any first name, after abbreviating it.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll tell you why you call me "Jimbo" shall I, you call me "Jimbo" in the same way I would call you "dickhead"
Nah. Not really.

You're OK Jimbo. I actually don't mind you on balance. If I had to guess what your problem is, I'd say it's because you never had a father figure, or strong male role model around during your developmental years, and likely a vindictive woman of some description had to fill the role. This is why you fly off the handle over trivialities and hold petty grudges. That's what women do, and that's been your instruction. It's also why you threaten violence so freely, and how I know you're not familair with it. Because nobody who is throws the possibility of it so freely and over so little. In RL, violence can end lives, change people forever, or ruin them forever.

You've seen too many movies.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
If you call me "Jimbo" again, you will suffer.

You will be sorely tempted to do that again when I make you suffer, it's a vicious circle (you're in).
This is what I mean. You shouldn't even give a shit.

Who cares?

You can call me Dorothy pindick McFaggot if you like.

*shrugs*

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
You've never experienced any violence - I'd bet my bottom dollar on it
Depends what you mean by 'Real', I suppose. I've never seen anybody killed (At least, I don't think I have) and I've never been a soldier, never had to kill anybody.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean that you've never been in so much as a real physical confrontation in which you could get seriously hurt or killed. Sorry, but your little punch bag (that can't fight back) doesn't count
Incorrecto. In fact, I will go as far to admit that I actually lost the last 'streetfight' I was in. Wound up getting a rib cartlidge injury after getting kicked on the ground like a mutt.

Could have been worse.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
How humble of you to admit that you lost your last "streetfight". Okay, go on, tell us what happened, how did it start? Did you fall over? 😄
More or less the same way all these things start when you're young and silly: Alcohol, ego, and a girl.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
You're literally talking about a scuffle when you were a kid. When I was a kid I was charged with inciting a riot (got the probation act :))
That was, sadly, well out of my kid stage. It wasn't the first time I'd been beaten up. My dad did it too.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I was in my twenties.. I presume you were too. If your dad beat you up I don't know why the hell you're talking to me about lack of a father figure.
Well, I sought them out and you didn't. I suppose that's why we're different. I probably still have daddy issues truth be told. He truly was a monumental piece of shit but I'll still find myself defending him, sometimes. This is quite common apparently.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
More or less the same way all these things start when you're young and silly: Alcohol, ego, and a girl.

Girls from Cork and Prod Girls from Belfast have a tendency to like to see their lads fight.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Chalk that down!
Paddy's day Cork puck fests are a sight to behold.
Fack off an le me boyfriend alone ya langer!
Antneee tha goul called me a slut.
Bate him!
That's just the norries.

When I first heard "defend my honor" in a heavy Cork female accent it was something else.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom