The best Alleged Alien Autopsy post I have ever seen.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
There's no better example of evolutionary stupidity than the Babirusa. This is a type of wild asian pig.
So, it's a mutated pig then . Not unlike the mutated fruit fly experiment really. They tried to turn the fly into something other, but just got messed up fruit flies.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
It is very possible that there is a gap between what is described in Genesis 1 and what is in Genesis 2 of a very large space of time. There could easily have been other cycles of life on this planet before our own.
That's what's missing.
Aeons of time is involved in these events unfolding beyond our understanding or comprehension.
We can see land erode in a lifetime.
In the space of eons what's possible.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
Not really, there's loads of 'em. People are digging them up all day every day . But not a single transitionary form tho, not a one

Here's 6 for starters (courtesy of bing copilot):

1. Archaeopteryx: One of the most famous transitional fossils, it provides evidence for the evolution of birds from theropod dinosaurs.
  2. Australopithecus afarensis: This hominid represents an evolutionary transition between modern humans and their ape-like ancestors.
  3. Pakicetids, Ambulocetus: These cetaceans are believed to have evolved from land mammals and are considered to be transitional forms between terrestrial and aquatic animals.
  4. Tiktaalik: This fish-like creature had both fish and tetrapod characteristics, such as a flat head and lungs.
  5. Amphistium: This fish had eyes that were positioned on the top of its head, which is a characteristic of flatfish.
  6. Runcaria: This plant is believed to be a transitional form between bryophytes and vascular plants.

Reactions: jpc

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
It's mythology.

Genesis 2 and 3 I think if looked at in various ways and from various angles have a lot to say about actual human existence in this life (the Church has always believed that the texts of the Bible are multivalent).

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score

Tomas Acquinas was an excellent and learned scholar and philosopher.
Do you ever consider how his view's would evolve if he was given the knowledge that's been gathered in the centuries since?

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
By the way, I should say that I'm very much open to the idea that evolution is driven by a teleological inpetus and isn't entirely random.

In fact, Darwin himself was quite agnostic on the subject of mutations and what was driving them.

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
He did a pretty good job by most people's estimation.
Honestly Plunkett I'm fairly pragamatic when it comes to Religion. I'm not a militant Atheist who will demand you or anyone else dispense with faith. And truth be told, some--indeed most--of the best human beings I have ever known have been Christian. That, and I'm high confident they're generally far happier than I am. Many's the time I've wished to have faith, and many's the time I'll wish it again.

Reactions: jpc

Tuco Salamanca

Reaction score
Honestly Plunkett I'm fairly pragamatic when it comes to Religion. I'm not a militant Atheist who will demand you or anyone else dispense with faith. And truth be told, some--indeed most--of the best human beings I have ever known have been Christian. That, and I'm high confident they're generally far happier than I am. Many's the time I've wished to have faith, and many's the time I'll wish it again.

One good thing that can be said about Christianity is that it made Europeans far more dynamic than neighbouring societies by prohibiting cousin marriages.

tldr

Reaction score
Yes, another stumbling block to evolutionary theory based on mutation, as epigenetics proves the stability of heritable traits, even while genes might be mutating

Perhaps, my understanding of it is that different genes are turned on and off in response to environmental conditions. It's the nurture arm of the nature/nurture debate.

Given that we only use a very small proportion of our chromosomes, it could be that significant changes in environment and opportunity cause large shifts in morphology due to options available throughout the unused portion of the genome.

That we possess so much "junk DNA" was mentioned in the alien autopsy reddit post which asserted that the shortness of the chromosomes were a feature of "its" genetic engineering.

There was a similar pseudo-science in the USSR promoted by Lysenko, that caused the famine death of millions with the gist of this - planting wheat in tundra etc. This was a variety of Lamarckism - which was an enlightenment theory. Bizarrely, it has some grounds to it although nobody knows how it works - they just have instances of it.

So, somehow there is some consciousness directing evolution - a feedback mechanism that we have no idea of - directing responses in biota at all levels.

The theory of evolution as popularly advertised is a blind theory - it relies wholly on mutation and attrition. The theory as presently defined is thoroughly inadequate, and that's why it is being reworked.

Whatever conclusion they come to, the brutishness of the original theory is false - and its uses in moral justification is therefore unsound.

Ideologies that dispatched the ethical question through the use of evolutionary theory are thus demonstrated as spurious.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, you do realise that accepting evolution is entirely compatible with a belief in a higher power of some description?
Yeah
Who's to say that an omnipotent being doesn't do something in a blink of its eyelid that takes an eternity in our time frame.
Or throws the creation dice and watches what springs up this time around.
Why not?

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score

Popular Threads

Top Bottom