The Gemma Thread.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Was listening to her current live. Lasted 40 minutes. She has valid points no question. But the rabid catholic this catholic that is unbelieveably off- putting.
I remember the friggin' 70s. I do not want to go back to THAT. Ground up women in headscarves, men in caps at the back of the Church sneaking off to the pub for relief.
As I said. She has a point. But not regarding that version of Catholicism.
I think that she feels that some glue is necessary to unite the Gael, and with the absenCe of any other, she has opted for FAITH

willow

Reaction score
I think that she feels that some glue is necessary to unite the Gael, and with the absenCe of any other, she has opted for FAITH
Fair enough. I am Christian. Just not a terribly big fan of the CC

willow

Reaction score
And if that is her attempt to ' unite the Gael' well it isn't working. Why can't 'faith' be a private affair. She has just flipped off every single belief bar Catholicism. Not helpful at all imo

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Was listening to her current live. Lasted 40 minutes. She has valid points no question. But the rabid catholic this catholic that is unbelieveably off- putting.
I remember the friggin' 70s. I do not want to go back to THAT. Ground up women in headscarves, men in caps at the back of the Church sneaking off to the pub for relief.
As I said. She has a point. But not regarding that version of Catholicism.

Has she come out and condemned Vatican II?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
And if that is her attempt to ' unite the Gael' well it isn't working. Why can't 'faith' be a private affair. She has just flipped off every single belief bar Catholicism. Not helpful at all imo
Well she is not aiming to have the hindu, syke, muslim, prods, atheists or anyone else.she dreams of a Gaelic or at least an irish island.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

I think you and Myles are putting more importance into her opinions than is necessary. She is a journalist- not a Spiritual Director or a government Minister.

I think Andrew Anglin sometimes supplies really interesting and actually spot on commentary at times even though I find his actual seething hatred for both women as such and Jews as such pretty disturbing. Also I think Glenn Greenwald does excellent journalistic work though I disagree with him about a ton of stuff strongly.

I would vote as a protest vote but I don't think she has qualities necessary for being an actual government Minister.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Well she is not aiming to have the hindu, syke, muslim, prods, atheists or anyone else.she dreams of a Gaelic or at least an irish island.

She has done shows though with that Loyalist creep David Vance late of the TUV- and I don't think they have fallen out but I also am unsure that she knows who he is exactly.

willow

Reaction score
Except that the Gaels you mention had radically differing views from those espoused by the CC. If we could all agree that the Brehon laws were actually incredibly progressive in the context of their time.
I believe G O'D to be blinkered on the subject. There is an incredibly strong attachment to paganism on this island which has never been completely let go. The CC just kept a lid on things, so to speak.
The beliefs of foreigners on these islands are of no interest to me personally - provided they are kept private. Eid prayers in Croke Park are offensive beyond words ( but then I do understand Islam)

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Except that the Gaels you mention had radically differing views from those espoused by the CC. If we could all agree that the Brehon laws were actually incredibly progressive in the context of their time.
I believe G O'D to be blinkered on the subject. There is an incredibly strong attachment to paganism on this island which has never been completely let go. The CC just kept a lid on things, so to speak.
The beliefs of foreigners on these islands are of no interest to me personally - provided they are kept private. Eid prayers in Croke Park are offensive beyond words ( but then I do understand Islam)
I was at a wedding yesterday where they had a celtic tying of the hands together with a rope. I never heard of such a thing before.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
gleninsheen_gorget_1-165061084.jpg

They wore substantial gold during the bronze age too, the national museum have loads on display.
All superbly crafted.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
She has done shows though with that Loyalist creep David Vance late of the TUV- and I don't think they have fallen out but I also am unsure that she knows who he is exactly.
Vance might've been getting heat. She went on Catholic rants on his show and how the Irish kicked the Brits out etc.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
On tonights show she said she was never pro choice and explained the context when she was trying to get the presidential nomination

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
She takes the E Michael Jones line. She says the SSPX are wrong and people should go to their local Novus Ordo mass. "It's the Jews" not the Freemasons or Vatican II.

Given the state of things in Ireland if one is near you it is probably better to go to an SSPX Chapel and I would hope that E Michael Jones would say that if he understood the situation here.

I think that the central problem in many ways as regards Ireland was/is not Freemasons let alone Jews but wealthy Fine Gael families having their effeminate sexually deviant sons usurp the Priesthood. Actually Louis Massignon back in the 1960s got a private audience with Pope Paul VI to warn him that homosexualists in Roman collars posed an existential threat to the Church- certainly as regards here he was correct.

Tiger

Reaction score
She takes the E Michael Jones line. She says the SSPX are wrong and people should go to their local Novus Ordo mass. "It's the Jews" not the Freemasons or Vatican II.
That’s a shockingly ignorant piece of advice from Gemma.

The Novus Ordo is openly embracing pagan rituals and in recent weeks ‘LGBT masses’ and Satanic rituals at world youth day.

The worst thing a Catholic could do is to go along with all that.

willow

Reaction score
Do you know what Vatican II is?
The only Mass I would attend - if only there was one in my neck - is SSPX. Vatican II started the major rot we witness today with a Jesuit as 'pope'..beyond shocking. . I haven't heard her call it out - hence my answer. What was so wrong about it?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom