There is no God

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
I don't think so, if you leave dirty dishes at night they will still be there in the morning.
If they were clean that would be a glitch in the simulation.

Only the present micro micro micro second exists = = The past is gone = = The future does Not yet exist ( certainly for us )

We are in a simulation producing Data for = = God / A Computer God / An Alien Kids Toy / that kind of thing.

Be Happy, Be Good = = Be Happy Good Simulators.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Well if you mean what are my views on it, my views are the same as in the traditional Catholic Church, so in that sense my opinions on this are an open book?

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
But don't you get my point, its impossible to argue against a black hole like that? You would need to elaborate on that I think if you want a proper debate.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
The only party I seen use Christian symbols in their Easter messaging this year was Alex Salmond's Alba party.

339159343_569595014985978_3259602414877822592_n.jpg

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
It is impossible to reason a person out of a mindset which he has never been reasoned into.
An interesting maxim. One you no doubt conceived with your arm buried elbow-deep in a cow's arse, wishing you were the cow and the arm was your boyfriend's.

I'll break it up into little pieces for you (you'll be hearing that a lot in the next few years after you're shuffled off to shady acres elderly cared facility)

A) The title of this thread is a flame; a charged declarative statement created by Electricity (no pun intended) in order to lure people of faith into it so that he can berate people with atheist talking points, mostly gleaned from Dawkins clips. He does this to manufacture a sense of intellectual superiority, to feel separate from and better than others, likely because in his standard day-to-day existence, this is something he never experiences, even when ferrying drips to finger-painting classes behind the wheel of a short white bus.

The nature of this thread is not philosophical nor is it theological. Even if Electricity had the inclination to augment this thread in such a way, he lacks the tools, because the only literature he has to draw on is a pop-up book about a hungry caterpillar or a dog named spot. That isn't the intention, however. What he wants is essentially to brick-bash someone's terminally ill granny with recycled atheist rhetoric he's too stupid to have reasoned to himself, to tell her she's a silly old cunt for believing in salvation before sweatily goose-stepping into an adjacent room where he can press his ear to the wall and listen to her crying whilst he furiously masturbates.

Nobody is going to change their religious predilections or lack thereof as a result his piffling regaling. The religious will remain religious, the agnostic will remain agnostic, the atheist will remain atheist. All that is borne out of this debacle is enmity and bad-will.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
You wouldn't want to be a pansie coming onto Sarsfields that's for sure :LOL:

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
And so, you unapologetic coward, and considering I've talked about it a lot, I would like to debate you on who exactly you think this middleman is, The Agnostic. R u up for it?
Imagine reading my post and thinking I'm the sort of person who would apologise for virtually anything.

You can't hang with me in a debate about anything, Electricity. Your terms are acceptable.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Go ahead and lie about me as much as you want..

The debate is what you think the middleman, The Agnostic, is?

You clearly distinguished between the following categories;

Theist
Agnostic
Atheist
You can decide what the subject is.

It makes no difference.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Jesus H. Fucking Christ.

You distinguished between these three categories;

Theist
Agnostic
Atheist

The debate is on who you think the middleman is. Do you want to start debating? Or not.
Correct. To avoid confusion in future, learn when to use a question mark.
I'm still not sure what you're asking me. But what I glean from this sentence:
We are debating as to how, or if an agnostic is different from a theist or an atheist. Is this correct? Or should I interpret this sentence literally, and the subject of debate is whether I think an agnostic is different from a theist or an atheist? If it's the latter the answer is yes, because I am me, and I do think this. Therefore I win the debate.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
More specifically, why you think an agnostic is a separable category from atheist.

Now start your debatin'.. Or stop boring us all TO DEATH!
Fine.

You are going argue that it is technically both possible to be agnostic and an atheist concomitantly, which is the sort of trite imbecility circulated among militant atheists with bad logic on the internet.

It is not possible to be both agnostic and atheist, because this concept is axiomatic. If one is an Atheist, they definitionally do not accept--or perhaps more accurately posit-that deities do not exist. If one is agnostic, they definitionally posit that whether deities do or do not exist is unknowable. They posit that they do not know.

Agnosticism does not mean 'I'm not sure'. It is not an uncertain doctrine. It is a preposition based in certainty of the unknowable. What it means is 'It cannot be known'. If one takes this position, they cannot be a theist, because that would require them to be certain that deities do exist. Inversely, if they are an Atheist, this means that they are certain that deities do not exist.

This a critical point that Dawkins--who you are entirely informed by--cannot understand. There is no such thing as 'Agnostic Atheism'. This is simply fallacious logic. It is a feeble attempt at demiurgic hedge-betting.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Btw, for anyone who isn't aware, even the "World's most famous atheist" [sic], Richard Dawkins, has said time and time and time again that he isn't "certain that God doesn't exist".
Then he's agnostic.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll wait for you to provide your definition of Atheism.
Keep in mind Richard is a scientist, not a philosopher.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to presume that it has something to do with 'I can't verify the existence of a God with any of my senses therefore I do not etc et al'. Correct?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom