To The Moon

valamhic

Reaction score
I could open a section here called the Luner Lounge and Val could be the bartender
Ya didn't make as good a job at being a bartender in Boston as Val makes at being a farmer in Ireland.

Last edited:

valamhic

Reaction score
I'd say that Val got a Flake-ing down the Pub but is Pretending he was Dancing with the Sheep-Shearer ! 😲 😲
The last fight was in the chipper, I posted that. A few years ago. The hair cut itself is lovely,
its the skin incisions that were a problem. I hate the way my hairdresser has a swankie word for
cutting the face of me = a skin incision. I would sack him except I am related = 3nd cousin.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
The last fight was in the chipper, I posted that. A few years ago. The hair cut itself is lovely,
its the skin incisions that were a problem. I hate the way my hairdresser has a swankie word for
cutting the face of me = a skin incision. I would sack him except I am related = 3nd cousin.
I thought ye might be married !

Wolf

Reaction score
Good Man = = Ya want to Avoid than Islamic Type Shite ! !
The Islamics will own his 10 acres soon enough.....
If the 'farmer' thought he could make enough money out of it he'd have 500 portacabins full of 'refugees' on his smallholding in the arshe of nowhere in the morning.
Bent coppers, retired or not, are always on the make.

Hermit

Reaction score
So tell us Hermes, how does the ISS stay up there, is it held up by string, constant rocket propulsion? Why doesn't it crash into the firmament dome?
Probably the same way they keep up satellites, with balloons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_kWN0BsKs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URNu7Ez9h4U

satelloons.png

google_satelloons.png

spy-balloon-main.jpg

tldr

Reaction score
The third stacked Starship and Booster launch happened today. We await Scott Manley's verdict but:

a) Clean from launch to booster separation to entry into space;
b) First boost back burn on Booster was okay but seemed to have control and had engine issues during second burn ending in a plummet;
c) Coast phase and engine shut down clean during Starship orbit; tiles looked largely intact - much better than last time, and looked to be working well during re-entry although they appeared to be coming off in a shower while the angle of attack was being found;
d) Starship appeared to be rotating and didn't seem to be fully under control during re-entry;
e) It lasted a very long time during this burn - is this the first time the plasma flow has been transmitted live? It's a wonder it didn't RUD sooner given non-shielded portions of the ship were being exposed to the heat during the roll. Great advertisement for Starlink. They must have gotten a lot of data from it.
f) The cargo bay door jammed during testing and may have complicated things
g) Wonder what the pad looked like after this second launch post-improvement.
h) They've a bunch of these in stock, what will the FAA say? Can we have another go in a fortnight?

Isn't it amazing that a 119m (36 storey) launch system has put a 50m (15 storey) tall and 9m wide vehicle into space? The Capital Dock in Dublin is Ireland's tallest building. It's a 22 storey, 79m building - just for scale. It's no wonder that there are new dynamic pressures on the control surfaces at supersonic speeds. CNN are trying to talk it down but it's an astonishing feat.

Here's a video of the launch. SpaceX is making inexorable progress.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This is the real stage of space exploration.

It is very difficult.

valamhic

Reaction score
I thought ye might be married !
Very good point, I am married. I did fight for equality but I lost. We need an amendment to the constitution to stop wives and partners bossing men. They have control of everything that we want. Even what is for the dinner.

I can do what I like at the farm but I cannot buy a tin of paint for the main house without her approval. It is not fair.
I always won in the short term but in the long term she forces me to surrender.

valamhic

Reaction score
So tell us Hermes, how does the ISS stay up there, is it held up by string, constant rocket propulsion? Why doesn't it crash into the firmament dome?
Its two forces, one is centripetal and the other is centrifugal. They work in apposite directions. Get a small bucket and put a pint of water in it and swing it over your head. The water will stay in the bottom of the bucket. With the ISS and satellites they use the word Geeostationary orbit. The thing can be fixed over one point on the earth or it can move like the ISS. I presume you all understand what gravity is.

valamhic

Reaction score
NASA does three things, 1) It lies 2) it tells the truth and 3) It it hides the truth.

They only told one lie which was the moon landings. They are hiding the truth about the Artemis mission.

In that recent mission they found it is very dangerous to send people into space and that it is impossible to
bring them back safely.

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
I presume you all understand what gravity is.
Despite evidence and an experimental setup that even you Val could set up in your kitchen, Hermit conrinues to be ignorant of this force that dominates our daily existence.

Wolf

Reaction score
Despite evidence and an experimental setup that even you Val could set up in your kitchen, Hermit conrinues to be ignorant of this force that dominates our daily existence.
'To be honest who actually cares here about Wolf?'

Gimps like you, Wank.

#RentFree

😎

Hermit

Reaction score
What's your experiment? Define gravity. Describe the natural observed phenomenon, state the hypothesis for the cause of that phenomenon, and describe the experiment to test that hypothesis. Name the independent and dependent variables in your experiment.

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
What's your experiment? Define gravity. Describe the natural observed phenomenon, state the hypothesis for the cause of that phenomenon, and describe the experiment to test that hypothesis. Name the independent and dependent variables in your experiment.
You asked all this before. I posted the responses before that conclusively answer your questions. Use the search function.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom