UK General election - July 4th

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Johnson could not have manners, Truss was ousted in a coup, she was the best hope. Can anyone tell me why she was dumped. Sunak is a WEF plant and totally globalist. This is all about getting labour in. Some Tory MP will try to outs Sunak before Thursday to call the election off.

Sunak is essentially a foreign spy.
One of the reasons given for Truss's ousting was that she was not on board with the climate change narrative and questioned the value of holding COP in the UK.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Corbyn is running as indo in Islington
The Man that blew the Opportunity when 17.4 Voters ~ Voted for something that his wing of the Labour Party always agreed with i.e. Anti EEC / Anti the EU Super-State.

Had he stood by his pledge to respect those 17.4 Million Voters = = His wing of the Labour Party would still control The Labour Party.

Jeremy Corbyn = = Weak Pathetic Gimp.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
The Man that blew the Opportunity when 17.4 Voters ~ Voted for something that his wing of the Labour Party always agreed with i.e. Anti EEC / Anti the EU Super-State.

Had he stood by his pledge to respect those 17.4 Million Voters = = His wing of the Labour Party would still control The Labour Party.

Jeremy Corbyn = = Weak Pathetic Gimp.
If corbyn had of stuck to his guns on brexit there's every possibility he would have become prime minister in 2019 ......but he fucked about being weak and giving out pronouns and absolutely blew it

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
If corbyn had of stuck to his guns on brexit there's every possibility he would have become prime minister in 2019 ......but he fucked about being weak and giving out pronouns and absolutely blew it
A Pathetic Man ~ ~ Probably an Mi5 Agent all along.

How could anyone be so stupid as to waste such an Opportunity ? !

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think so.

I think there is a real, actually strong, possibility that the Conservatives might get back in again.

If they don't than you will have a Labour and SNP coalition which would be very messy indeed.
Not going to happen!
If they retain 100 150 seat's they will be doing very well.
They have 346 currently.
And starmer is another vacuous creep.

Z

Zipporah's Flint

Not going to happen!
They have 346 currently.

The only areas where there are meaningful differences between Starmer and the Sunak's Conservatives are ones in which Starmer is actually worse in my opinion.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Not going to happen!
They have 346 currently.
I dont know, I tend to agree with Zipporah's take that the Tories wont do as bad as all that. I reckon they will hold about 200 seats. The run up to the 2019 election also underplayed the Tories chances. It was enjoyable on the night to watch pundits reel as seat after seat in the Red Wall fall to the Tories. Media etc were hugely wrong about outcome.

Starmer does not have the charisma of Blair and I can't see a momentum to get behind him like there was with1997 Labour. People were motivated against Corbyn in 2019. But Sunak and Starmer? like who cares? There will still be enough boomer and middle classes types that will be fearful of a Labour govt doing a wealth grab tax and full open immigration, without the fig leaf that the Tories currently offer.

By the same token the Islamic votes are not as rock solid behind a Starmer Labour as they would have been with Corbyn.

Still, I do expect that Labour will take a minority admin, and need propped by a SNP.

Predictions of Tory wipeout are overinflated if for no other reason than a rump Conservative movement will be need to steer the white native vote away from more radical alternatives by offering them the false hope of Conservative govt in the future who might rescue the situation [even though they wont]

Last edited:

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know, I tend to agree with Zipporah's take that the Tories wont do as bad as all that. I reckon they will hold about 200 seats. The run up to the 2019 election also underplayed the Tories chances. It was enjoyable on the night to watch pundits reel as seat after seat in the Red Wall fall to the Tories. Media etc were hugely wrong about outcome.

Starmer does not have the charisma of Blair and I can't see a momentum to get behind him like there was with1997 Labour. People were motivated against Corbyn in 2019. But Sunak and Starmer? like who cares? There will still be enough boomer and middle classes types that will be fearful of a Labour govt doing a wealth grab tax and full open immigration, without the fig leaf that the Tories currently offer.

By the same token the Islamic votes are not as rock solid behind a Starmer Labour as they would have been with Corbyn.

Still, I do expect that Labour will take a minority admin, and need propped by a SNP.

Predictions of Tory wipeout are overinflated if for no other reason than a rump Conservative movement will be need to steer the white native vote away from more radical alternatives by offering them the false hope of Conservative govt in the future who might rescue the situation [even though they wont]
We're going to find out.
The Conservatives were given a huge opportunity.
And did nothing useful for the people who gave them their vote.
The local elections recently indicates the likely result.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom