Ukraine.

D

Deleted member 122

I can tell you how to do it dan, it's not that hard. Nothing to do with the hosting company you just need to edit the config file.
The first thing that Dan needs to do is to download the add-on

It's simple, log in to the Xenforo Community Forum, click on the link provided and then click on the download button, at the top. 5 seconds, that's it.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I am home so I will make a coffee and try to download.

I did this the other day I believe.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
The first thing that Dan needs to do is to download the add-on

It's simple, log in to the Xenforo Community Forum, click on the link provided and then click on the download button, at the top. 5 seconds, that's it.
Not quite, with Xenforo you have to enable the configs, it's easy enough to do, you have to FTP the site with FTP software, download the config from the folder, add a small bit of code then upload again.

Then you can add addons quite easily.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
I think we can make this site a great place, certainly better than doxxie Isle.

D

Deleted member 122

Not quite, with Xenforo you have to enable the configs, it's easy enough to do, you have to FTP the site with FTP software, download the config from the folder, add a small bit of code then upload again.

Then you can add addons quite easily.
Can you please keep things simple.

A file "add-on" has to be downloaded, correct?

D

Deleted member 122

You have to FTP the site with FTP software
Like what the fuck does that even mean, FTP isn't even a fucking verb, what the hell are you talking about.

Make some sense - very quickly, or get the fuck outta here Thor

D

Deleted member 122

@Declan

This is the Addon @Electricity mentioned.

Lets press on and make this a great site, one to knock the crap out of Desert Isle.
To reiterate, the challenge is for Dan to log into the Xenforo Community Forum, click the link above.. And click on the download button at the top.. And save the file to disk..

All before his coffee gets cold..

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Like what the fuck does that even mean, FTP isn't even a fucking verb, what the hell are you talking about.

Make some sense - very quickly, or get the fuck outta here Thor
FTP

File Transfer Protocal

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
To reiterate, the challenge is for Dan to log into the Xenforo Community Forum, click the link above.. And click on the download button at the top.. And save the file to disk..

All before his coffee gets cold..
it says I have it downloaded

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Will you shut the fuck up - STFU
Leccy, it's not a simple case of downloading an addon and uploading it, not until Dan adds something to the technical side of things.

It's easy enough to do, but if you haven't done it before it will seem confusing.

I am trying to help him do this so he can move forward with addons.

D

Deleted member 122

Leccy, it's not a simple case of downloading an addon and uploading it, not until Dan adds something to the technical side of things.

It's easy enough to do, but if you haven't done it before it will seem confusing.

I am trying to help him do this so he can move forward with addons.
I'm not sure, but we got the file downloaded (first step) and you're talking about fucking FTP (and config files)

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but we got the file downloaded (first step) and you're talking about fucking FTP (and config files)

You are confusing the 2 things,

Anyone can download the addon.

But Dan won't be able to install it unless he updates the config file.

It's a one-time thing but can be tricky, once he has it done he won't have the issue again, then it will be as you say, download and upload.

D

Deleted member 122

You are confusing the 2 things,

Anyone can download the addon.

But Dan won't be able to install it unless he updates the config file.

It's a one-time thing but can be tricky, once he has it done he won't have the issue again, then it will be as you say, download and upload.
So what the hell did FTP have do with it?

If Dan has the file now on his computer then I've been led to believe that's it's a case of -

Admin Control Panel >> Add-ons >> Install/upgrade from archive [choose file]

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
So what the hell did FTP have do with it?

If Dan has the file now on his computer then I've been led to believe that's it's case of -

Admin Control Panel >> Add-ons >> Install/upgrade from archive (choose file)

He cant do this

Unless he enables the config file to be able to do this.

FTP is the technical term used to transfer files, he has to be able to download his config file, edit it, then upload it again. Once down he can do this

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Read This leccy

D

Deleted member 122

Read This leccy

Well unzip the file then, already said

D

Deleted member 122

I believe he had the OrlaRed Channel. The AIDS (Achieving Irish Diversity) channel is also worth a look, that is if it's still up and running.
Yeah, Late Stage Ireland = Orlared

The AIDS channel is up and running although appears to be inactive during Lent..

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom