Weather Thread

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
You all know I am so intelligent. I can say there was weather yesterday, there is weather to day and there will be weather tomorrow.

Thus sort of thread is detrimental to this site. Dan must be snoking simethng.
Yeah but it's the details we're looking for, the interesting weather take for example how Ireland had the wettest July on record and the effect it has on us, even you yourself was a bit worried earlier in regard to getting the hay and silage cut, yes?
Crops are severely affected by odd unusual weather with many producers requiring updated reports daily 24/7.
Potatoes don't grow, potatoes cannot be harvested, grass (fodder) doesn't grow, barley is malformed and cannot be used for brewing purposes, fish don't spawn, livestock suffer from constant never ending wet conditions.
It's important to respect the weather, some consider it God's work and give thanks accordingly, some consider it the devils work and curse it accordingly. It's major and makes all the difference in the lives of many people who are being subjected to weather warfare😯

willow

Reaction score
Oh come on. We all love to talk about the weather.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Yeah but it's the details we're looking for, the interesting weather take for example how Ireland had the wettest July on record and the effect it has on us, even you yourself was a bit worried earlier in regard to getting the hay and silage cut, yes?
Crops are severely affected by odd unusual weather with many producers requiring updated reports daily 24/7.
Potatoes don't grow, potatoes cannot be harvested, grass (fodder) doesn't grow, barley is malformed and cannot be used for brewing purposes, fish don't spawn, livestock suffer from constant never ending wet conditions.
It's important to respect the weather, some consider it God's work and give thanks accordingly, some consider it the devils work and curse it accordingly. It's major and makes all the difference in the lives of many people who are being subjected to weather warfare😯
The weather is different every year and it usually favours some farmers while others are disadvantaged. This year may have had a wet summer but June was one of the best for silage making ever, so, overall, dairy farmers have no great cause for complaint, although they will of course, they'd be complaining even more if there had been no rain at all and the grass stopped growing altogether.

Tillage farmers were not so lucky with a very catchy harvest, but, in farming, you just have to take each year as it comes and look to a five or even ten year average. What has been to their favour is the advent of less intensive tillage systems over the last few years, meaning that ground is prepared, and crops planted far faster than before, allowing them to make the most of dry periods, hence the appreciation of regular weather forecasts.

It might have been the wettest July but those farmers with experience from many seasons will not have been phased by it, next year the situation could be reversed and they'd need to manage the day to day operations quite differently.

valamhic

Reaction score
Dunno. Hopefully? I hear Portugal is nice this time of year. Or Sicily for sunny heat🥴
Me neighbour (a country man with a young Eastern European wife) went out to Spain and was glad to come back because it was Too hot. I advised him to wear summer light clothes and white wellies instead of black ones.

valamhic

Reaction score
Me neighbour (a country man with a young Eastern European wife) went out to Spain and was glad to come back because it was Too hot. I advised him to wear summer light clothes and white wellies instead of black ones.
She told me he walked out in the surf but would not keep take the wellies off.

valamhic

Reaction score
So there's another day over, I can confirm there was weather today.

Missus is a light drinker, her sister likewise. But the sister's friend a spinster who likes good wines. They coming down to us tomorrow for an overnight and after lunch home cooked I am off to the farm leaving them to engage in women's chat.

Missus told me to get 2 bottles of French Bergerie de La Hortus Rose @ 21.25 she saw in a particular shop.. I went to the shop and took the price label off two bottles of that wine. I then went into a shop across the border when I was at Clogher Mart and bought 2 bottles of cheap French Rose for 7.99 each. I removed the labels and stuck on the 21.25 ones. Hope it works. She gave me 40 yoyos but I gave back 20 as a treat, I hope they wont know the difference.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
So there's another day over, I can confirm there was weather today.

Missus is a light drinker, her sister likewise. But the sister's friend a spinster who likes good wines. They coming down to us tomorrow for an overnight and after lunch home cooked I am off to the farm leaving them to engage in women's chat.

Missus told me to get 2 bottles of French Bergerie de La Hortus Rose @ 21.25 she saw in a particular shop.. I went to the shop and took the price label off two bottles of that wine. I then went into a shop across the border when I was at Clogher Mart and bought 2 bottles of cheap French Rose for 7.99 each. I removed the labels and stuck on the 21.25 ones. Hope it works. She gave me 40 yoyos but I gave back 20 as a treat,
Interesting, not seen a price label on anythng since barcodes came on the scene.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Right !
Get the snowshoes out!

Mine got lost in the late summer dust storms as temperatures soared to almost 22 deg C over the weekend, bringing parched crops and skeletal cows as they wandered the prairies of Munster seeking water.

Global warming is a bummer, I'm telling ye!

Popular Threads

Top Bottom