Weather Thread

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
💦Currently pishin down 💦 today and the provisional forecast shows 💦rain ☔everyday till Saturday then it's set to freeze by the look of things, what's for sure is that there won't be any draining/drying out.
It's worth mentioning because today at present the land is soaked with the lake and river at the highest levels seen in a long time - close to record levels. Interesting times ahead:geek:

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
💦Currently pishin down 💦 today and the provisional forecast shows 💦rain ☔everyday till Saturday then it's set to freeze by the look of things, what's for sure is that there won't be any draining/drying out.
It's worth mentioning because today at present the land is soaked with the lake and river at the highest levels seen in a long time - close to record levels. Interesting times ahead:geek:
dumping it down here too .....probably water lyin on the road in not going out in it

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Stop lying and treating people as if they are thick.

That picture is not from Ireland.

Put a link to where you got it from and it will be proven.
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 20-59-23 Log Cabins Ireland 2023 - Loghouse® Log Cabins For Sale in I...png

Thanks for the interest Myles. Do you know that Camp Sites along the Wild Atlantic Way were charging €30 per day/night this summer - To Pitch a Tent!! That's equal to €210 per week, X 10 = €2100 for 10 weeks, X 5 = €10,500 for 50 weeks or to round it all up, works out at €11,000 a year to pitch ones tent in a field in the pissing cold rain of the Brutal Atlantic Trough.
That is not a lie.

P.s. People treat themselves as Thick - They don't accept any help from me!🤪

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
We don't have timber houses like that here.

We do, this next selection is more of the type you saw in the original image i posted.
More to your liking, suits you Sir!

Screen-Shot-2016-03-06-at-5.37.20-PM_8542_2022-03-17_08-43-1280x720.jpg

Etc Etc . . .

Reactions: jpc

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Your picture was from north America. You used it erroneously to indicate Climate change in Ireland.

Just admit it.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Your picture was from north America. You used it erroneously to indicate Climate change in Ireland.

Just admit it.
That first picture was just picked from the search images menu, it could be anywhere including Ireland, the torrents of rain looked like what I see outside my windows here on the NW coastal area.

Such is the level of wetness and rain around the locality here that i think it's worth trying to take some local vids, I saw fields flooded, footpaths submerged, river at record heights today - it's no big deal but I'm curious to see does it become a regular feature in the next few months or do things revert back to the normality as expected.

it's not climate change I'm focusing on so can't admit errors not made, but I do admit to being intrigued by what could be possibly 'Weather Change' a phenomenon perhaps more destructive than CC if really true!;)

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
That's definitely not Ireland. 100% guaranteed.
What guarantee? What's the difference between Mississippi rain and Irish rain, how can you tell the difference so as to validate a guarantee to any percentage? From looking at a Photo?
Maybe it's Canadian or Finnish rain?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Its the house and to a lesser extent the trees behind it. There's no such houses here.

Put up the link where you got the photo and you'll find it to almost certainly be in north America. There's a slim chance of Scandinavia.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Irish rain is wetter, I’d swear it is!
It sort of is wetter . . . the constant daily soakings which may simply be a few times during the short dim(no sun) days are enough to keep the environment drenched in cold moisture.
Check the weather sites? The atmosphere is constantly at 90%-100% humidity!! but it's not hot, it's cold winter soaking wet, freezing fog, mist and drizzle until along comes another "Storm" and drowns the land again 8-9 months of the year.

Of course it depends where one is located, there are micro climates in different regions which get contrary weather but where I'm at on the west coast - It's soaking 85% of the time!

It's awful, I wanted to go out for a stroll tonight but it's just too fecking wet @100% Humidity, again 💧💦☔🌦️🌧️⛈️🌊
🥶

tldr

Reaction score
Getting colder now. Talk of sudden stratospheric warming (beast weather) but mixed signals as per boards. At least we might get a break from the rain. You couldn't put a wheelbarrow on the ground as it is at the minute.

Thermals time in North East US. Uruguay?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
We've got mad weather on the NW coast at the moment it's clear but cloudy, dry but then wet, the drizzle and wee showers holds off for a couple of hours and a dryish wind lifts off the drenching - then the drizzle returns again for 10 minutes to soak everything.
A real rotten deal, would bring a tear to your eye if one believed in hoping for better days 🥲

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
We've got mad weather on the NW coast at the moment it's clear but cloudy, dry but then wet, the drizzle and wee showers holds off for a couple of hours and a dryish wind lifts off the drenching - then the drizzle returns again for 10 minutes to soak everything.
A real rotten deal, would bring a tear to your eye if one believed in hoping for better days 🥲
Apparently -

Europe is getting sunnier

Alongside heat and drought, another key trend from 2022 is that Europe is getting sunnier.

Last year, the continent had its highest sunshine duration on record - the places in red and fuschia on this map had hundreds of hours of extra sunshine last year.

tldr

Reaction score
It's going to get freezing in a few days. No snow forecast but icy paths, roads etc. If you have a few things to do that a heavy frost might get in the way of best have a go tomorrow. It should warm up in a week or so.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom