Reaction score
It is a straight gas pump though.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yes. She used a paper towel to touch the pump and the knob to select grade, she put in less than a gallon and a half in her toyota and drove off. I got 50 as I was half full but am going to Maine tomorrow and wanted a full tank.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
She used a paper towel to hold the knob? Sounds like a germ-conscious hooker.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the currencies could collapse about now, but I dont think we really know which horror they spring on us first!

The way I see it the powers that be have various cards they can play, at least some of which are inevitable, but in what order or exactly when they are played, is up to them.

Right now I am inclined to think they will want the army on the streets before the economic crash, to control things? So maybe a ramping up of the war atmosphere before the real economic crash? But I am only guessing!

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
We are looking over the ledge here because everything is down big except the dollar. The bond market falling is very bad news for pension funds etc etc etc.

Some big entity is likely to fail if this day turns very sour.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Federal debt gone above 31 trillion at 31137000000000.

31.4 T is the present debt limit. It might be hard to get that raised if the Republicans get the majority in the House in a few weeks.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
My local filling station has no agricultural diesel to day.
Filling station in Donegal destroyed in blast. Just looking at the destruction and the number of cars there unfortunately there'll be a number of dead.

Joespha Madigan has called for the "culprits to be brought to justice". Perhaps she knows something we don't.

16238526480071608910-jpg.14602

eslough%20explosion%202.jpg

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
"Just after talk to my friend, he lives in the area there, seems there was a gas leak in an apartment above the shop for a few weeks, and that the story at the moment."

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Surely a gas leak.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
From the pictures it doesn't look like the pumps or else I presume the entire forecourt would be obliterated.

J

John Collins

Terrible tragedy. I was only in Donegal last week for the first time in many years.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do they just casually assume it was a gas explosion, why not present some evidence for that theory? There are no mains gas lines in Donegal and whole buildings heated by outside lpg gas tanks are very unusual and rare in Ireland, although not impossible. Presumably bottled gas could never set off such an explosion either.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I believe the volume of gas in a cylinder if escaped would be enough to cause a large explosion

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess, but if that size? They certainly had solar panels and nowadays these are often installed with large battery systems, which sometimes are inclined to explode.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
"The mother of a child believed to be trapped inside described how she was originally told her daughter was dead, only to be told later that it was not her daughter who had been found near the entrance of the shop and she remains missing. The woman said she had to tell her husband first that their daughter was dead and to make his way to Letterkenny hospital where she believed her remains had been taken.

She then had to tell him she was not dead but missing and to search for her among the injured in the hospital.

Amid the chaos, the family of another woman was told she had been found conscious in the forecourt and was on her way to hospital, only to later be told it was not her and she was unaccounted for."

Popular Threads

Top Bottom