Is The Economy Just Now Falling Apart

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I am hearing from a lot of people that restaurant business is slowing dramatically over the past 4 months or so.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
I am hearing from a lot of people that restaurant business is slowing dramatically over the past 4 months or so.
Yes, I saw an article a couple of weeks back talking about how middle to lower income families are cutting way back on dining out. This has been a development going on a few years now

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Talking to a lad today telling me his sister in law was laid off from a grocery delivering company.

She was making TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND a year as an executive

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Our local shop that closed on 6th December after 50 years has reopened again yesterday under diversity management , some cunt from Mauritius in the Indian ocean :oops: ......could struggle and be a three month failure .....time will tell

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Belfast Live [online news page on social media] is constantly carrying stories about eating places closing down in the city.

A fish and chip shop we go to regular basis recently started to skimp on the size of the fish. We put it down to a bad night and left it a month to see if it was a blip. Went back there last weekend and it was same poor serving of the fish and the chips had been cooked in a different oil. They were not nearly as nice. The price has stayed the same but they are obviously trying to make the profit from skimping on the quality. We have made the decision not to go back as it was already expensive for a monthly treat.

Last night we got a luxury brand cottage pie from the super-market. It was lovely and still less than half price of what our fish and chips would have cost.

Eating out is a treat we can easily go without, especially when so many of them implemented the vaccine pass and never attempted to fight it.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Belfast Live [online news page on social media] is constantly carrying stories about eating places closing down in the city.

A fish and chip shop we go to regular basis recently started to skimp on the size of the fish. We put it down to a bad night and left it a month to see if it was a blip. Went back there last weekend and it was same poor serving of the fish and the chips had been cooked in a different oil. They were not nearly as nice. The price has stayed the same but they are obviously trying to make the profit from skimping on the quality. We have made the decision not to go back as it was already expensive for a monthly treat.

Last night we got a luxury brand cottage pie from the super-market. It was lovely and still less than half price of what our fish and chips would have cost.

Eating out is a treat we can easily go without, especially when so many of them implemented the vaccine pass and never attempted to fight it.
It's got completely outrageous , not an hour ago I paid £6 for a 7 piece breakfast in a spar in Fermanagh........I consider this wild dear.......a cod and chips around here runs at about 13euro in Monaghan , pakis and kebab men can beat that price but it's not great fish and they are useless at cooking it (hard , dry ,burnt)

Mad as Fish

Reaction score

Going back a few years I used to find myself eating numerous KFCs so I thought I'd try one again recently.

What a miserable pathetic excuse it was for a snack, let alone a meal. Two minuscule slices of chicken in a bun little larger than a €2 coin, and a picking of around a dozen chips, all over cooked and served up with mayo at a euro extra.

Times is getting hard alright.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Going back a few years I used to find myself eating numerous KFCs so I thought I'd try one again recently.

What a miserable pathetic excuse it was for a snack, let alone a meal. Two minuscule slices of chicken in a bun little larger than a €2 coin, and a picking of around a dozen chips, all over cooked and served up with mayo at a euro extra.

Times is getting hard alright.
With Slow Cookers / Air-Fryers / Micro-Wave for cooking potatoes = = There is little need these days for take-out / fast-food / and the like.

And if Restaurants are charging too much ( which they are ) = = Don't go along with that by using them !

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
With Slow Cookers / Air-Fryers / Micro-Wave for cooking potatoes = = There is little need these days for take-out / fast-food / and the like.

And if Restaurants are charging too much ( which they are ) = = Don't go along with that by using them !
The fast food joints cater more for those hauling their lard around shopping malls and youngsters trying to seek some sort of independence from home.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Goldman Sachs pulling out of Japan. What can they forsee? Will Japan become the Ukraine of the Far East soon, once the war takes hold in that region?

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is exiting transaction banking in Japan, less than a year after announcing plans to enter the business of managing cash flows for big companies in the country.

“We are stepping back from building out this business here in Japan,” Tokyo-based spokesperson Hiroko Matsumoto said in an emailed statement. “Consequently we are closing Goldman Sachs Bank USA Tokyo Branch whose sole function was to support transaction banking in this market.”

clarke-connolly

Reaction score

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Goldman Sachs pulling out of Japan. What can they forsee? Will Japan become the Ukraine of the Far East soon, once the war takes hold in that region?

Japan at just shy of 300% has the highest government debt to gnp on Earth.
Greece is about 225%

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom