Is The Economy Just Now Falling Apart

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
The money supply at 20.75 trillion is falling and down a trillion in the past 15 months or so.

A look at Zillow.com shows house prices in this area falling like a stone.
So maybe deflation is about to hit instead.

Inability to pay property taxes, and you lose your house very fast.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
The money supply at 20.75 trillion is falling and down a trillion in the past 15 months or so.

A look at Zillow.com shows house prices in this area falling like a stone.
So maybe deflation is about to hit instead.

Inability to pay property taxes, and you lose your house very fast.
In this neck of the wood at least house prices are actually firming, it's a question of supply and demand.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
In this neck of the wood at least house prices are actually firming, it's a question of supply and demand.
It's a question of how to pay for them realistically without compromising the rest of your life.
What you want and can afford are often too very different things especially when the repayments hike up as they have.
Interest rates were essentially negative for a decade.
All sorts of imprudent decisions followed.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
It's a question of how to pay for them realistically without compromising the rest of your life.
What you want and can afford are often too very different things especially when the repayments hike up as they have.
Interest rates were essentially negative for a decade.
All sorts of imprudent decisions followed.
Actively seeking a house here and there are very few decent properties on the market, those that do come up basically sell within a week. There are people about with the cash, maybe its an inheritence, maybe they are returning from the UK or perhaps they just happen to have good jobs, but the money is there for some.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Actively seeking a house here and there are very few decent properties on the market, those that do come up basically sell within a week. There are people about with the cash, maybe its an inheritence, maybe they are returning from the UK or perhaps they just happen to have good jobs, but the money is there for some.
a house is a commodity .
i built my house in 1998 it cost 30 pounds per square ft and it is 3200 sq ft and 90,000 built it =109,000 euros.
i bought 5 acres for less than 40,000 .
i was lucky -- why i bought 5 acres was for my children to build their houses on as i told my wife that i believe everything will double or more shortly .
when you examine it --i did not double anything --i did not increase inflation-- i did not change the price of any commodity however i perceived what i got away with would never be allowed again as people were going to vastly increase the price of each and every commodity through greed .
so the reason you cannot afford a house is that everyone from the county council to the solicitors and retailers of each stone and pebble are gouging the price for all they are worth and the government are complicit being a tax partner in the greed .
tax is legal theft of money from persons under duress .
the true cost of a house is approx 100,000 they are charging 480,000 for --everyone has decided they are going to rob the poor and young even the poor and young rob each other --this society is a kleptocracy.
nobody wants an affordable house if they did things would change but ALL robbery would have to cease and there is the problem everyone wants to gouge each other and get away with it.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Will they get planning permission. Are you to end up with 5 houses together

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
The Irish property market is completely artificial due to the incoming multitudes. That insanity can't last.

I am waiting til it crashes and still might not buy because the future looks so bleak

It would be crazy to buy now.

valamhic

Reaction score
Looks like the Yen is in trouble, as predicted.
The Japanese built the best quality things in the world, Germany was next but theirs always had a catch.
So after all their effort they are in decline. They are the biggest USA bond holders, probably worried
they will need America to defend them some day.

When I was 24 I bought what I believed to be a cheap Chinese 3 ft metal working lathe. I now know it
was made in Taiwan. I have it a life time and while some of the peripheral stuff is basic but functional, the
essentials are very high quality. It was an excellent buy.

Reactions: jpc

valamhic

Reaction score
A feature of the US was always very affordable food. Not any longer.
And I must say, very good food. Irish domestic food only improve for the last 10 years. Right now most
food served in outlets of for dogs.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
The Japanese built the best quality things in the world, Germany was next but theirs always had a catch.
So after all their effort they are in decline. They are the biggest USA bond holders, probably worried
they will need America to defend them some day.

When I was 24 I bought what I believed to be a cheap Chinese 3 ft metal working lathe. I now know it
was made in Taiwan. I have it a life time and while some of the peripheral stuff is basic but functional, the
essentials are very high quality. It was an excellent buy.
Taiwan products are very good quality.
I wouldn't ever worry about them.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
The Irish property market is completely artificial due to the incoming multitudes. That insanity can't last.

I am waiting til it crashes and still might not buy because the future looks so bleak

It would be crazy to buy now.
I really wish things were that simple, the supply just isn't there and a huge number of people are on the government payroll which means their income is 99% secure, so I really can't see prices plummeting.

Also worth noting that house prices linger well behind build costs, so from that point of view they are still good value.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Dan will have to get a turkey soon for the Thanksgiving.....I predict in this biden economy it will cost approximately $120 dollars this year
Good point, each year the average cost of turkey plus the basics side dishes is published and surely it will be more than 10% higher.

A slight saving this year is that @Myles O'Reilly is not invited.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
There is a preliminary judgement due today over the 13 billion apple tax situation from 2013.... remember enda Kenny fighting as hard as he could to not collect that tax :mad:.......well I have a feeling the judgement will go the way of apple and the Irish government , not the Irish people

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
There is a preliminary judgement due today over the 13 billion apple tax situation from 2013.... remember enda Kenny fighting as hard as he could to not collect that tax :mad:.......well I have a feeling the judgement will go the way of apple and the Irish government , not the Irish people

Back then 13bn was a lot of money, but now? FFG would piss it up against the wall tomorrow if Fond of Lying told them to.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom