More enrichment

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Aq!qqqq wait
"I was working like a normal day. And I was passing by in Parnell Square. For me, at first, it looked like a fight, a normal fight. I slowed down my motorcycle and it was a man and a woman,” he said.

Mr Benicio then described how he saw a woman fighting for a young girl.

"She was very, very brave. She was fighting for a girl, you know, a little girl. I was like, ‘what’s happening here’ and then I saw him with a knife and he grabbed a little girl,” Mr Benicio added.

It was then that Mr Benicio saw the man stab the little girl.

"I stopped my bike and I don’t know, I acted by instinct...I took off my helmet and hit him with the helmet on the head,” he said.

"I think that made him stop,” he added.

Mr Benicio said the man fell to the ground and others got involved to keep the man where he was.

"He fell on the ground and then I hit him a couple of times and some other people started to come to keep him. After that, I went to see the girl.”

http://Hero Deliveroo driver who stopped Parnell Square knife attacker: ‘I didn’t have time to be afraid - Irish Independent

---

There were violent clashes between large groups of people and gardaí in Dublin on Thursday evening, with vehicles set on fire, shops looted and 34 arrests, according to gardaí. The violence followed an attack on several people outside the Gaelscoil Choláiste Mhuire children’s school in Parnell Square by a man armed with a knife.

Dublin riots aftermath in pictures: How the centre of the capital looked on Friday morning - Irish Times

---

The Garda Commissioner condemned the "disgraceful scenes" of rioting and looting.

He said that the mob attempted to break into and disrupt the crime scene at 5.30pm to 5.45pm.

"From there on the violence escalated. Order was restored at about 8.30pm and 9pm as we deployed more resources."

“Nobody could have anticipated that when these events started at 1.30pm. These awful events”.

The Minister for Justice has said the "violent thugs and criminals" who engaged in disorder in Dublin last night could face up to ten years in prison.

Minister Helen McEntee said: “We have very, very strong legislation – up to 10 years in prison with up to 12 years as well for someone who assaulted a member of An Garda Síochána."

“There will be a very strong presence on the ground, but they will of course monitor any movement, any chat, or anything that’s happening online today," she said.

Rioters could face jail terms up to 10 years as 32 people charged - Irish Examiner
So an unknown number of irish men did nothing as children are knifed, and the state will stamp down on rioters

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
And only a complete fool altogether would believe the gardai will protect them so it is past time that a debate on their worth should be held. What actual use are they.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
The guy who stopped the knifeman yesterday was a Brazilian deliveroo rider.
Well done that man.
Not everyone who comes to work in Ireland is feral scum, it's the African dirt who will never contribute anything to our society that are the real problem.
Not to detract from a good and noble act, but Ireland doesn't need foreigners brought in en masse, to contribute (deliver pizza)

Ireland is a small island nation with a contracting economy. What we need is mass deportations

tldr

Reaction score
Well, a SHTF moment with the riot - just shows how rapidly things fall apart and the centre cannot hold.

In any case, this is the first of the random murderous attacks on the innocent in Ireland. The influence of English bootboys is not helping us respond to it.

The Nice terror attack was the most horrific of those in France but there has been a constant stream of them there. The government will have to articulate a strategy to deal with incidents of homicidal hate attacks against natives like these.

It's clear that we cannot rely on the government or Gardaí to protect us - they'll just pick up the pieces afterwards, and look for somebody else to blame.

So, the best thing to do is to keep your wits about you and do what preparations you can with robust routines and readiness. You have to give yourself a space to react and that means staying alert - there's no leaving the front door unlocked or wandering around distractedly anymore. It was a biker that had the perception and presence of mind to intervene before lives were lost. And it was a staff member from the Gaelscoil who put her body in the way to protect the children.

There should not be casual abuse of anyone that one thinks can be loaded into the same category as the attacker, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't keep an eye out. Decency is the standard we must adhere to - not for sentimental reasons but for practical ones.

Migrants to the country cannot say that they experience genuine discrimination - it's insulting and exploitative to suggest they have.

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
NIAMH UÍ BHRIAIN: "The media want to move on to burning cars and condemnations, but this is the dreadful scene I keep returning to. Children going to school clutching their Paw Patrol schoolbags and ending up knifed on the ground or traumatised"

https://gript.ie/the-worst-image-from-the-dublin-violence-is-not-on-most-of-the-front-pages/
This woman has actually struck to the heart of the tragedy.
Little kid's be terrorised and struck down by a knife.
A woman who did everything to protect them.
Before the bike rider arrived and stopped the rampage.

dropkickmejeebus

Reaction score
That Brave Brazilian lad is going to be happy with €150,000 (so far!) for his troubles.

1700851808719.png

What about this lad. Not a mention. He got the knife off the attacker and handed it to the deliveroo guy. Both need recognition.

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wil the leftards be spewing their venom against Abdullah from Clondalkin or Igor Grigorita from Navan?🤔

Last edited:

tldr

Reaction score
Watched Six One. Quick switch from the knife attack to the riot. They won't get away with that again if there's another one. The knife attack was the substantial issue. I expect them to address it publicly and credibly in the near future.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom