Referendums: The Irish will vote on the status of the family on Friday the 8th coming.

Hermit

Reaction score
Sadly I think the fix is in,

After being told we had low turn outs suddenly certain areas had massive turn outs with one area reporting 70%!

Then there were no exit polls despite people claiming there were, and no independent tally people any where in the count centres.

Remember that expensive printer the government purchased, I bet it was in heavy use last night.
No exit polls is sus. The last few referendums had accurate exit polls out on the Friday night. They were celebrating the abortion result on the Late Late Show before the count even began.

Hermit

Reaction score
If the count figures are accurate then it looks like the Government is not only going to lose both referendums, but lose by massive margins. It's one thing losing by a few %, but if they lose like 20-80 then that's a major embarrassment for them. I wonder what the record margin is for a defeated referendum.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Possibly all over even before the count is completed in the first constituencies .

valamhic

Reaction score
Is that how you normally describe you family status?
:)
With variety. The son is called the gassoon, gassune, Gaw-soon, after the Irish word. Amhic, Sometimes called our lad.

I never told any of them I loved them for a very good reason.
==============================================================

Herself is called the Boss, Her In doors, My woman, the Missus, She s a great partner but she has faults.

She does not share my interest in Science and does not share my high opinion of myself. She sees me as a handi man, great at fixing things but not as a highly intelligent genius. Also I found out that when with lady freinds she smokes cigarettes they give her. She once divulged private details about me and my attributes. They told their men and I got slagged. My woman thinks it was funny.

valamhic

Reaction score
If the count figures are accurate then it looks like the Government is not only going to lose both referendums, but lose by massive margins. It's one thing losing by a few %, but if they lose like 20-80 then that's a major embarrassment for them. I wonder what the record margin is for a defeated referendum.
A neighbour's son lives in Dublin, Married to a Philipino with 5 kids. He voted as I advised yesterday as he did not understand it. Said that about 8 pm yesterday, the polling people were chatting in a lull and the view was from voters who chatted that both votes will be No. Just saying, they was no wishful thinking

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Herself is called the Boss, Her In doors, My woman, the Missus, She s a great partner but she has faults.She does not share my interest in Science and does not share my high opinion of myself. She sees me as a handi man, great at fixing things but not as a highly intelligent genius. Also I found out that when with lady freinds she smokes cigarettes they give her. She once divulged private details about me and my attributes. They told their men and I got slagged. My woman thinks it was funny.
She also confiscated your piss buckets

Wolf

Reaction score
This was a tester to see if the time was right for a general election.
Looks like the current goons will hang on until next February to let the public pass judgement on them.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
With variety. The son is called the gassoon, gassune, Gaw-soon, after the Irish word. Amhic, Sometimes called our lad.

I never told any of them I loved them for a very good reason.
==============================================================

Herself is called the Boss, Her In doors, My woman, the Missus, She s a great partner but she has faults.

She does not share my interest in Science and does not share my high opinion of myself. She sees me as a handi man, great at fixing things but not as a highly intelligent genius. Also I found out that when with lady freinds she smokes cigarettes they give her. She once divulged private details about me and my attributes. They told their men and I got slagged. My woman thinks it was funny.
No small thing.

valamhic

Reaction score
I starter this thread, one of the best yet. If it is proposals are defeated, we all will have a very happy day.

Can I suggest that we be nice to each other until midnight? No hostilities. We will know more in an hour.

valamhic

Reaction score
She also confiscated your piss buckets
That is very unfair. This was a scheme to collect urine and use it for green energy, I hoped it would catch on with a grant subsidy. I had a patient applied for. She put the foot down. Especially when I suggested her visiting sister use it too.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
I starter this thread, one of the best yet. If it is proposals are defeated, we all will have a very happy day.

Can I suggest that we be nice to each other until midnight? No hostilities. We will know more in an hour.
Val, I see Cavan strongly voted No, you clearly in tune locally. Honest question, have you considered running in the elections, even as a MEP?

I think you could do very well, even your videos have quite an audience now.

Hermit

Reaction score
Found some stats...

The largest YES winning margin was 99% for the Adoption Referendum in 1979.

YES usually wins (around 25 out of 30+ referendums). NO usually only passes with smaller margins.

The Right to Life Referendum in 1992 was defeated by 65.4% against. The Referendum on the Age of Eligibility for Election to the Office of President in 2015 was defeated by 73% against.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom