The Benefits of a Yearly 7 Day Fast

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
17069180444485934880849938306654.jpg

The mustang one and the VW one are my sons.
I have my decaf coffee put beside them.

These flasks are great and I used to use them all the time. I could leave the house on a tour and it would be warm up to about 3 pm, seven hours later.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
My fours days has helped mentally more than physical.
For example.
I rarely eat pizza and it would be one slice of cheese pizza usually from the 8 slices. It is tasty. That longing is gone. I will not have pizza again for the foreseeable future.

Now chocolate is something that I ate a lot of, but that craving is gone as well. I long long ago stopped most candy but still had Cadbury fruit and nut bar occasionally and Hershey kisses daily, they are the worst. That longing is gone as well.

I think the only meat should be fish, aside from a high quality steak maybe once every two months.

When I see people eating say cheap burgers or fried chicken, it is always whales. I had been on an occasional decent one. But no more.

I am feeling good. I wonder what a 5 or 7 would result in.

I wish I could have my blood checked to see the changes.

Jay Homer Simpson

Reaction score
There are definitely a lot of small cafes going to the wall the past 3 months but TBH, having so many coffee shops was always unsustainable

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzmacu2TgFg

I find these comments to be very interesting. Many are talking about hunger pangs, after even a day and a half. I had zero pangs during my 4 days. I only had a bit of a headache. Snacking is a habit. It sort of reminds me of playing solitaire, that many do. I was a player, I just stopped. I imagine that it is the same with people that watch tic toc or are addicted to twitter. Just stop

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzmacu2TgFg

I find these comments to be very interesting. Many are talking about hunger pangs, after even a day and a half. I had zero pangs during my 4 days. I only had a bit of a headache. Snacking is a habit. It sort of reminds me of playing solitaire, that many do. I was a player, I just stopped. I imagine that it is the same with people that watch tic toc or are addicted to twitter. Just stop

Did you do the fast to lose weight? or just for curiosity? I can tell you that each time you do it it gets easier. The pangs are just habit and once your body learns there is no food coming at dinner time etc it gets used to and you wont even notice that that dinner time has passed by.

This is of course predicated on you having the fat stores to live off.

Are you planning for more fast in the near future?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Did you do the fast to lose weight?
No, I am in half decent shape weight wise.
I did it as a reset and a detox. And as a test to see if it was a difficult thing. It was a piece of cake.
I am concerned of course looking forward about cancer and other diseases etc.

I see people doing crazy durations of 20 to even 44 days. They appear dangerous.

But the 7 day would be my max objective, that is the one that some claim, will keep cancer at bay if done once a year. Who knows.

But what I do know is that 4 days I feel rejuvenated. I lost my craving for chocolate and a few more things. But not for apples. I lost it for bananas and only have one as part of my oatmeal bowl . I will do the 7 day this time next year God willing.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Next decision is on narrowing the daily window of consumption. I am already pleased with the 4 day fast, and all thing being equal, I will do a 5 or a 7 at the start of next February.

So should I go for a 6 hour window, a 7 hour or 8.

I am leaning on a 7 hour which would likely be noon to 7 pm, or 1 to 8 or splitting the difference.

I will start tomorrow on this.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
12.30 pm to 7.30 pm.

This will work for me even when I do a tour as we normally do not stop for lunch until about 1pm.
When I do not have tours I tend to be a night owl and eating at night is certainly not good for anyone.
Once I ease into this I will do a monthly 1 or 2 day fast to supliment the 5 to 7 yearly one

Ruck Da Fules!

Reaction score
Dan I found skipping breakfast to work well in the past. Just eat a lunch and dinner within an 8 hr window, or less if possible.

Squeezing this window down gets one ready for one meal a day, which I think is the optimum way to live.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well on the first night, I slept right through from about 1 am to 7.30 am approximately. I had some dreams which I cant recall much of now. I still can not eat for another 4.5 hours.

As regards just one meal. That is an ideal.

It takes 4 hours for the stomach to empty so I have 11.5 empty hours.

On one meal over an hour eating, I would have 19 hours.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom