The Championship

A

Aldo

You were proved correct. I was in Parnell Park on Saturday evening, the Dubs took a 17 point hammering, very disappointing.
The other notable result was Derry defeating Monaghan, this one surprised me. Saul won't be happy...
Dublin hurlers very disappointing. They don't have the forwards and kilkenny backs are really brilliant.

Derry have really come on in the last year. I remember that Brolly clown criticising Myles Gallagher's appointment, but he's turned them into a serious outfit.

A

Aldo

Keep an eye on young Ruairí Canavan, Tyrone under 20 footballer and son of the great Peter Canavan. Peter has another son, Darragh, playing for the senior time. Tyrone won the under 20 championship against Kildare on Sunday. Ruairí is a chip off the old block, a real class act. Scored some amazing points in the semi final and finished with 1-7 in the final.

Definitely one to watch.

T

Thelasthurrah

Dublin hurlers very disappointing. They don't have the forwards and kilkenny backs are really brilliant.

Derry have really come on in the last year. I remember that Brolly clown criticising Myles Gallagher's appointment, but he's turned them into a serious outfit.
You're bang on about the Dublin forward line with Mellett and Hayes being particularly ineffective. I would have removed both early in the game.
Re Derry, I thought the Tyrone match may have been a one off, but obviously not....

T

Thelasthurrah

He certainly has and now they are in the quarter finals who's to say they won't go all the way.
I backed Mayo yesterday at -3, it looked halfway through the second half that they were in serious danger of being knocked out, they somehow managed to overturn a six point deficit and win by five. They are now 9/1 to lift the Sam, with the curse gone I'm gonna have a few quid on them...

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
He certainly has and now they are in the quarter finals who's to say they won't go all the way.
I backed Mayo yesterday at -3, it looked halfway through the second half that they were in serious danger of being knocked out, they somehow managed to overturn a six point deficit and win by five. They are now 9/1 to lift the Sam, with the curse gone I'm gonna have a few quid on them...
The old codger died????

A

Aldo

Fair play. It was looking dodgy at one stage but Mayo have an amazing team spirit and always seem to pull through when the odds are against them. I'd fancy Kerry ahead of them but you never know. Cillian O'Connor's return has been a huge boost for them.

On the subject of bets, listen to this: just before the start of the champions league final I was browsing paddy power's website and saw a bet: Salah two shots or more plus Benzema one shot or more 4/1 (not goals, just shots on goal). Outrageous odds when the two have been scoring for fun this year. Anyway, Salah had a few shots early so all I needed was for Benzema to get one feckin shot on target. And he didn't. Scoring goals left right and centre all season and not one bloody shot all game.

I would have banked a 100.

A

Aldo

All Ireland predictions:

Kerry to win Sam.

Clare to win Liam.

David Clifford and Tony Kelly for POTY

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
The sight of Gah players diving and holding their faces etc yesterday was disgusting.

They have no shame.

T

Thelasthurrah

Fair play. It was looking dodgy at one stage but Mayo have an amazing team spirit and always seem to pull through when the odds are against them. I'd fancy Kerry ahead of them but you never know. Cillian O'Connor's return has been a huge boost for them.

On the subject of bets, listen to this: just before the start of the champions league final I was browsing paddy power's website and saw a bet: Salah two shots or more plus Benzema one shot or more 4/1 (not goals, just shots on goal). Outrageous odds when the two have been scoring for fun this year. Anyway, Salah had a few shots early so all I needed was for Benzema to get one feckin shot on target. And he didn't. Scoring goals left right and centre all season and not one bloody shot all game.

I would have banked a 100.
That's why Paddy Power and John Boyle are driving mercs and holidaying in the Seychelles😜

T

Thelasthurrah

All Ireland predictions:

Kerry to win Sam.

Clare to win Liam.

David Clifford and Tony Kelly for POTY
This morning's draw was interesting, Mayo drew Kerry, tough. They have now drifted out to 12/1 with both PP and Boyle.
In the match itself the bookies have priced it Kerry 1/3 Mayo 10/3. In the other games I expect Dublin, Derry and Armagh to come through.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
The Ulster Championship is over Val. He's talking about coming through in the next round of the All Ireland.

This isn't the mid 90's anymore.

A

Aldo

Only one can come out of ULster. Derry and Armagh are in Ulster
Derry won the Ulster championship. The teams that lose their ulster championship matches are still in the All Ireland, they just have to play more matches to reach the All Ireland quarter final (whereas the winners of provincial finals go straight to the quarter final).

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I follee Galway in the hurling and I'm hoping for a performance against Cork tomorrow. They were piss poor in the Leinster final. Cork start as faves.

Clare should have enough to overcome Wexford in the other QF but you'd never know with Wexford.

Double-Header in Thurles, throw in 1:45 & 3:45 respectively.

A

Aldo

Should be two crackers tomorrow. Strong possibility that Wexford could get a win. Clqre are heavily reliant on Tony Kelly. If Wexford can limit his impact they definitely have the forwards to do damage.

Galway should have enough to beat Cork.

The Tailteann Cup semis are on Sunday in Croke Park. Will be interesting to see if many turn up. @valamhic Cavan are one of the counties in action.

T

Thelasthurrah

Should be two crackers tomorrow. Strong possibility that Wexford could get a win. Clqre are heavily reliant on Tony Kelly. If Wexford can limit his impact they definitely have the forwards to do damage.

Galway should have enough to beat Cork.

The Tailteann Cup semis are on Sunday in Croke Park. Will be interesting to see if many turn up. @valamhic Cavan are one of the counties in action.
Do you think Westmeath will beat Offaly?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom