The Earth is Global.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
We all know the story of Jack Parsons and the Jet Propulsion laboratory.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

Tiger

Reaction score

I literally heard about this story for the first time about 2 hours ago on a podcast.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
I find it impossible to care about this question of the earth's shape, do you find that particularly nihilistic?
We all see things differently, I'm very much a Naturalist and marvel at all things to be seen & heard in the Universe, It's my TV entertainment.
On a plane I thankfully switch off all devices and stare out the windows constantly looking at everything to be seen.
I'll be bringing back some Vids here from my next flight to see what can be made of it.
If ever you decide later to take flying lessons or do a sky dive for charity then you'll probably change your mind

So, @Zipporah's Flint, you booted me from the anti-evolution thread (by Mad as a Tiger) because it was in the Religion forum.. So why shouldn't you be booted from this thread because it's in the Science forum? 🤔
Because science and religion are compatible & traditionally very complimentary in various ways,
And because this thread enjoys all universal contributions and you are learning to develop compassion & tolerance for the 2024 new year🤗

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
I find it impossible to care about this question of the earth's shape, do you find that particularly nihilistic?
It's not only the Earths shape it's about the earths position in space which has been observed for millennia, It's about acknowledging many other aspects of the earth and the history of humanity's developing relationship with the planet.
Shape is an important consideration for many of us especially since there is evidence that Earth is a Geoid and as such it goes to accommodate elements of FlatEarthism I can appreciate too.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Can you just be a moron without being condescending? 🤔
The comments aren't condescending, they're well wishing and positive for the new year, what better way than to lead by example and be kind to the old acquaintances and do on to them as you'd like to done with your good self?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Religion is inherently unscientific (as is rubbish like astrology) there is no compatibility.
Aspects of Christendom closely resemble and are precisely aligned with Astronomy though, agreed?

Also just because you are ignorant to the authentic origins and meanings of Astrology doesn't make it rubbish at all.
Just because a priest happened to be a good scientist, a good scientist happens to be religious (rare) or a religious institution changes to formally accept scientific understanding.. doesn't mean the two are "compatible" as much as coexisting (with religion ceding all the ground)
You forget the origins, the origins of religion, the early days and throughout, the religions were the libraries of old, they recorded everything known but like the pearls and swine they just didn't dispense worldly wisdom to the general public,
Anyway religions and sects of each are very different in their acknowledgements and applications of "Science".
One cannot generalise about religion the way you attempt to above.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
If I even knew what you're trying to say I'm sure I wouldn't (agree)

Astrology is rubbish

What generalisation? It's just endless waffle with you pal
You're ^ ^ resorting to known ^ ^ form there
1.Acting stupid or 2.Being an ignoramus or more likely 3.Being both together.

Lathered in condescension too, it's actually so you sir:D

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
You're really just a complete waste of time
OK, so back on-topic for The Science's! - Astronomy! to which the ancient religions were very keen and used to their benefit especially the Abrahamic's who used starlight including our Sun to discover the origins of Christianity and is acknowledged by Christianity to this very day!

This is a thread on the Global aspect of the Earth and we can only progress through acknowledgement of the characteristics of the wider universe and how that affects us here on earth.

You've made some inaccurate and erroneous comments in regard to religion and I had to remind you of the facts as we know them, others here on-thread get reminded too. Astronomy includes Astrological positions of stars in the night sky - Very relevant and understood by all here so, to you I ask for you not to act so stupid as to be insulting our basic intelligence including your own.

Happy New Year Up & Cheer Up Instead🤩

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Looks like you're getting back on track, Good on you!
Here's some more . . .

Astrology is a map of the soul and shows God’s plan for us in this life. Throughout history, famous people have studied astrology and used it for several purposes such as Hippocrates, Sir Isaac Newton, Galileo and Pythagoras. Modern medicine today was created because of astrology. It was first started by associating certain parts of the physical body with the parts of the body associated with each of the twelve zodiac signs.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Astronomy (not astrology) you dip-fucking-shit
So, you're not actually acting stupid by the look of it. You've regressed to launching an abusive stupid wind-up.
Stick around, you've obviously got much to learn.

Here's your next lesson in ABC format, it's Astrology & Astronomy combined.

zodiac.jpg

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
They're not the same thing (and one is science and the other pseudoscience)
Yours is the opinion of a stupid ignoramus as the above statement absolutely confirms.
Just remember that it's a commonly understood fact that prior to telescopes, ancient astronomers used the astrological positions of the stars as an essential annual clock and navigation guide (GPS) as an individual with an understanding of astronomy would do today.
It's all the one science above in Earths night sky, but clearly you're too stupid and ignorant to even try to understand, it's beyond you, but Astonomers know and see the astrological positions so well they've charted maps for us to learn from, unless of course one is a stubborn ignoramus like yourself😂

zodiacal.jpg

You are just too stupid and irrelevant to know what to do with the technology🤓
But that would change if your life depended upon it.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
lol Dude, stop embarrassing yourself.

If you don't know what astrology is (amazing) then look up a definition of it, or read post #55. And then I think, perhaps bed? :)

I'm amazed at you Dunce, disputing the science of early astronomy on little more than your inability to understand the facts of the matter due to your own self imposed ignore filter (dials 1-4) and carelessness.

It's hard to believe you're too stupid to understand the simple facts of the matter though . . .

Here, give it another try, don't give up yet . . .

. . . There are 12 zodiac constellations — the ones we're all familiar with from astrology.

Like the Sun and the planets, the zodiac constellations all lie in the ecliptic, so they're visible from every place on Earth where you can see the sun rise and set. This explains why they feature so prominently in ancient cultures.

The zodiac constellations span the entire sky, so we never face all 12 of them at once.

If you look up on a dark night, you should be able to see at least four zodiac constellations at any one time, lying across the ecliptic. During the night, as the Earth spins, each of these constellations will sink in the western sky, while others will rise in the east. All up, if you were to watch the sky for an entire night, you'd see up to 10 of the 12 zodiac constellations. The few that you can't see are in the patch of the sky blocked out by the Sun.

So learning to spot the zodiac constellations, knowing what order they appear in (the same order given in horoscopes) and knowing where the ecliptic is, means you should be able to pick out an impressive four or more constellations that everyone's heard of.

Look Dunce, the above is a beginners guide, if you fail to grasp it's essential facts in relation to Astrology as defined then it may be wise for you to shut up on the subject, OK?🤨

There are other aspects of the thread you can focus on instead🥲

Popular Threads

Top Bottom