The Earth is Global.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Carl Sagan was an Intelligent / Charming / Interesting Man ~ ~ Obviously I am just saying this from what I have seen of him, on TV / Video.

Hermit

Reaction score
So you agree that it's pseudoscience and you think that it's true. Interesting.
Just because something is pseudoscience does not necessarily mean it's untrue. For example, psychology is pseudoscience but it still has some truth to it. Get ChatGPT to read your astrological birth chart and you might be surprised how accurately it describes you and your life.

Saying that someone knows nothing about X isn't usually meant as a compliment :)
Take it whatever way you want. The fact is you know nothing about astrology, so whatever your opinion about it is worthless, that's all I'm pointing out.

dropkickmejeebus

Reaction score
Just because something is pseudoscience does not necessarily mean it's untrue. For example, psychology is pseudoscience but it still has some truth to it. Get ChatGPT to read your astrological birth chart and you might be surprised how accurately it describes you and your life.

Take it whatever way you want. The fact is you know nothing about astrology, so whatever your opinion about it is worthless, that's all I'm pointing out.
Interesting. You can give it your cart and it will interpret it? What's your take on Chinese astrology?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Is Chinese astrology different from uhh.. European astrology?

I honestly don't get this. Why does nonsense inconsistent with your own nonsense appeal? Like, why is someone like @Zipporah's Flint an Islamophile when every single Muslim disagrees with her (on a presumed profoundly fundamental question)? Strange.
That is because you are dysfunctional in some way.

Hermit

Reaction score
Interesting. You can give it your cart and it will interpret it?
It can't read a full chart and synthesise everything into a proper reading, but you can ask it questions about all the placements in a chart. For example, you could ask it to "explain Mars in Pisces natal chart astrology" and it would give a few paragraphs explaining what that means. It's okay but very limited compared to what a human can interpret in a chart.

What's your take on Chinese astrology?
I haven't looked into Chinese astrology, or Vedic (Indian) astrology, so I don't know too much about it. Western astrology is already such a massive subject by itself that I'd prefer to stick to that instead of trying to learn other systems.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
It can't read a full chart and synthesise everything into a proper reading, but you can ask it questions about all the placements in a chart. For example, you could ask it to "explain Mars in Pisces natal chart astrology" and it would give a few paragraphs explaining what that means. It's okay but very limited compared to what a human can interpret in a chart.

I haven't looked into Chinese astrology, or Vedic (Indian) astrology, so I don't know too much about it. Western astrology is already such a massive subject by itself that I'd prefer to stick to that instead of trying to learn other systems.
I guess the question is, do they come up with the same conclusions, just by a different route?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I honestly think that you, Mad as a Tiger, are the most worthless poster on this site (and I'm including Cunt-Connolly and Wolf in that - so some achievement) mainly because you're so obnoxious
Jolly good.

It could be worse, you could like me.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
One of the most obvious indicators which shows to prove the Earth is global are the vast abundance of readily available existing images sourced from 1000's of high altitude cameras, go-pro's, telescopes, satellites & space stations from many years past.

In that same time we don't have any images of the flatness, the edge or the underneath - None๐Ÿ˜

Hermit

Reaction score
I guess the question is, do they come up with the same conclusions, just by a different route?
Not really, kinda, it depends. If you asked a Western, Chinese and Indian astrologer the same question about a chart, they may or may not give similar answers/conclusions. The different astrological systems have different stories, metaphysics, archetypes. The signs have slightly different meanings etc. So the interpretations will differ.

Also, there are cultural/religious/racial differences and other personal biases through which every astrologer interprets a chart. For example, if you asked them what a chart says about someone's future marriage, the westerner might say one thing, but the Indian might say another because they have arranged marriages in their country.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

Psychology is definitely not an exact science but does not necessarily make it a pseudo-science?

Hermit

Reaction score
Psychology is definitely not an exact science but does not necessarily make it a pseudo-science?
Psychology does not follow the scientific method, so to call it science makes it pseudoscience. While psychology does aim to be scientific in its approach, it's not empirical like natural science.

There is a debate about what is and isn't science known as the demarcation problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demarcation_problem

Top Bottom