The Earth is Global.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Yes, astrology is "historical" (and hysterical) it's been around for centuries.. And? That lends it credence? What are you trying to say, Love?
I'd say in regard to Astrology one is best served by starting at the beginning and first acknowledging what things were like back then, what the people didn't have and what they did have in it's entirety. Take what you need from that but it is relevant to this thread in various respects.

We can consider the astrological constellations as relevant and helpful in defining a Global Earth, I'm not going into detail here now but suffice to say that there are two/three regions of the planet which make different and unique observations of those reference points in the sky. Those observations are helpful in determining the Globe.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

There's a lot in the first Vid, some of which confirms my own thoughts on the subject, but there's also much which is extremely off topic and quite irrelevant.
I like carl sagans manner and positive interest but he's relied on hoax graphic imagery to demonstrate some of his ideas on astronomy, I'm sure you'll agree?

The second Vid it's out of context because the student asking the question didn't even get to finish his question or sentence before Carl Sagan impetuously interrupted him with an inappropriate answer which has been edited, so we are left pondering a question & an answer presented totally out of context and without definite meaning.
But on occasion that seems to be your sort of thing, no? BTW no need to mention or refer to Horoscopes afaic, but may be appropriate⚡ on another thread subject☄️

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
A "subject"? Why would you describe astrology as a subject, as if bits of it are right and bits of it are wrong? Astrology is a hoax, h-o-a-x
Look, you must learn to differentiate between Historical Astrology & Astrological constellations,
and Katie Kerry's tabloid Asstrology & Mystic Meg Horoscopes.
Two very different subjects.

"Hoax graphic imagery"? It was the 1970s
Well from Greek & Roman times they did just grand with the naked eye 2000 years ago - No need for distracting made for TV programming ,is there?

You've beeen programmed by a TV and cannot understand what precisely you're listening to, go back and listen carefully this time but first, remove the ear buds.
BTW, the clip is only 12 seconds long . . . it's certainly been edited.🧐

Of course horoscopes are relevant to astrology, would you ever look up what it (astrology) means, and stop confusing it with astronomy 🙄
You're still ignoring what is relevant here. Horoscopes are for a different thread.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Here, give it another try, don't give up yet . . .

So, back on topic, we are to concern ourselves with Navigation so we turn to the stars and take our measurements.

astrolabe.jpg

How to Use an Astrolabe​

Finding Stars and Constellations in the Sky​

Step 1 Move the alidade onto the calendar date to get the zodiac date.

Move the alidade onto the calendar date to get the zodiac date. Use either the current date or a future date that you want to know the star forecast for. Align the alidade with the date and find the corresponding zodiac date that it points to.[1]
  • The dates are found on the back of the astrolabe and are written around the circle.

Understanding the 5 Main Parts of an Astrolabe
Alidade: The rotating bar on the back of the astrolabe that measures altitude and is also used for determining zodiac dates
Mater:
The base of the astrolabe that has the time written around the edge in Roman numerals
Latitude plates: Usually a set of 3 plates that contain the latitude lines for 20, 45, and 60 degrees north
Rete: A rotating plate that has a map of the night sky along with the path of the sun through the sky
Rule: The pointer on the front of the astrolabe[2]

Hermit

Reaction score
@Professor

Astrology is geocentric.

As for celestial navigation, you may be interested in another device that is geocentric, the Antikythera Mechanism. This device was designed to represent the perfect clockwork movement of the stars and planets as they move through the zodiac.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpLcnAIpVRA

Another navigational tool, the sextant, requires a flat earth (horizontal line) in order to measure elevation angles (because an angle cannot be measured if one of the lines is curved).

angle-of-elevation-1628343634.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLZKmPU17M

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
The Kabbalah promotes the gnostic idea that the Earth is a material prison, something to be left behind and ascended away from. This was a strong motivator for the Space industry, which is soaked in occult symbolism and perpetuated by Freemasons, for the most part.

Some currents in the Kabbalah certainly do promote such an ethos however some Kabbalah is "life affirming" to the point of what I would consider degenerate Hedonism (such as the No Nachs in today's Palestine- also the Jewish Rationalists in Eastern Europe were always condemning Hasidism for among other things causing drunkeness and encouraging dancing among Jews). I am not sure though that you find the Gnostic ascetic anti-Cosmic Kabbalah in Ireland. I will grant you that certainly in the past NASA was indeed soaked in Occult and/or Freemasonic stuff, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
It just gets worse for poor old astrology
Not at all, so solid and reliable is Astrological tech that it works very well what ever view of the Earth is adopted be it Heliocentric or Geocentric it gets thing done which wouldn't happen without the aid of Modern Tech.
It's still Robust and Dependable Today 😊.
In addition there's nothing to stop Flat Earth believer from benefiting from it's use as indeed they would have years ago, which sort of opens up very interesting ideas of inquiry regarding Astrological Constellations . . .

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
I'm not interested in those cherry picked links, Astrological Constellations have stood the test of time and are relevant to the thread.
Look at these if you want.

While the zodiac may not be a great predictor of love, fortune, and health, it is a great tool for better understanding the motions of the sun, the Earth, and even the cultures that have come and gone on our little planet. The zodiac signs, derived from the constellations along the sun’s path in the sky, track the orbit and wobble of Earth and remind us of astronomy’s humble roots.

Bottom line: You might associate the word zodiac with astrology, but it has an honored place in astronomy, too. The zodiac is composed of the 12 constellations that lie along the annual path of the sun across the sky.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Can you just shut the f*ck about astrology 😆
It's not simply me, the whole world is turned on to Astrological constellations for very good reason, namely that they are obvious marker positions in the night sky and have much to tell us . . . especially significant on a Global Earth. ;)

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
While the zodiac may not be a great predictor of love, fortune, and health,
It would have been a fantastic indicator of the above for say Spanish fishermen who used the stars to navigate NW of Ireland to the best fishing grounds which made them very wealthy which made them a very attractive catch to the feisty young maidens who fell in love and cooked the best food and who pleased their new husbands tremendously providing the happiest most joyous exercise all night long, keeping them all very fit and trim!😍🥰

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
That isn't why people read "their" horoscopes, what did yours say today? 🤔

If you want to make the point that constellations are proof of the shape of the Earth, then do so (not that that will make any difference to the flerfs, because nothing does)
I don't read the Horoscopes, regarding them to be Asstrological.
But in regard to personal Astrology it's obvious that some people would be delighted with the real power of their planetary symbols which do have physical powers and so some predictions can be made accordingly in harmony with those astrological bodies - The Sun & Moon.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I don't read the Horoscopes, regarding them to be Asstrological.
But in regard to personal Astrology it's obvious that some people would be delighted with the real power of their planetary symbols which do have physical powers and so some predictions can be made accordingly in harmony with those astrological bodies - The Sun & Moon.
I think we need to be careful about dismissing the idea of astronomical bodies, especially local ones, having any influence over life here on earth. The phases and orbit of the moon have been linked to all sorts of natural phenomena, not least of which is the menstrual cycle, turtles laying eggs and the orchestrating of coral reproduction.

Day length is also a great determiner of growth patterns, often more important that temperature, it is often the case in plants that day length will turn the growth machine on, the weather will then determine how fast it works.

Extending this connection to the prediction that Mr/Miss Right is going to walk into your life next Tuesday afternoon is stretching things a little too far, but I am certainly of the conviction that there is a fundamental mechanism, or mechanisms, within nature that we simply know nothing about. Some people call it God, I choose not to, but I still feel that there are forces at a play of which we are hardly aware, and those that do have some sense of them are simply dismissed as cranks or charlatans, and a proportion of them certainly will be.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
I think we need to be careful about dismissing the idea of astronomical bodies, especially local ones, having any influence over life here on earth. The phases and orbit of the moon have been linked to all sorts of natural phenomena, not least of which is the menstrual cycle, turtles laying eggs and the orchestrating of coral reproduction.

Day length is also a great determiner of growth patterns, often more important that temperature, it is often the case in plants that day length will turn the growth machine on, the weather will then determine how fast it works.

Extending this connection to the prediction that Mr/Miss right is going to walk into your life next Tuesday afternoon is stretching things a little too far, but I am certainly of the conviction that there is a fundamental mechanism, or mechanisms, within nature that we simply know nothing about. Some people call it God, I choose not to, but I still feel that there are forces at a play of which we are hardly aware, and those that do have some sense of them are simply dismissed as cranks or charlatans, and a proportion of them certainly will be.
Everyone who thinks astrology is nonsense is because they don't know what astrology actually is. Anyone who studies their own birth chart and the charts of people they know will quickly realise the truth in astrology.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
There aren't any astrological forces known to man. It, astrology, has no scientific basis
Every generation of scientists think that they are cleverer than the last and have it all sewn up.

But the really clever ones know that they are only scratching at the surface.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom