The Earth is Global.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Whether earth is flat or ball isn't by itself important. But it matters because (1) the main reason why people don't believe in God/Creator is because of space and the Big Bang. When one understands that the earth is flat, he will understand that it could have only come into existence via a creator and not via random happenstance from literally nothing. (2) They deliberately deceived humanity.

Now, say if all Governments announced that the earth is actually flat and that they have been deceiving humanity about it for hundreds of years. People would lose their minds. They already do, they spiral into anger and attack flat earthers. Some people are extremely emotionally invested in the globe and space. It matters big time to them.

The world would change. People and their worldview would no longer be controlled. We would still have to eat, work, sleep. We would still have violence and war. Flat earth won't change that. But I think knowledge that the earth is not a spinning ball is possibly the most important thing one could learn. Change your mind, change your reality.
Excellent post. I do not believe the Earth is flat, but if it was, you are exactly right. It would prove that God existed.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent post. I do not believe the Earth is flat, but if it was, you are exactly right. It would prove that God existed.

How do you reckon that?

One of the lads who started the contemporary flat earth movement is Eric Dubay who is a Buddhist and therefore while not a Dawkins style materialist does not believe in God as such.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
I'm just munching through a box of Cadbury Heroes that I bought the other day (saw it at half-price, couldn't resist)

1383780002_1

.. and as I'm getting to the bottom, I'm noticing more and more eclairs, you know that quite hard toffee sweet?

Does anyone know why that might be? 🤔

How about you, Prof?
Probably to do with their specific material Mass * Volume + Gravity in comparison to the others especially the Crunchie, Twirl and Wispa - Obviously🧐

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I'm just munching through a box of Cadbury Heroes that I bought the other day (saw it at half-price, couldn't resist)

1383780002_1

.. and as I'm getting to the bottom, I'm noticing more and more eclairs, you know that quite hard toffee sweet?

Does anyone know why that might be? 🤔

How about you, Prof?
Density.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
How do you reckon that?

One of the lads who started the contemporary flat earth movement is Eric Dubay who is a Buddhist and therefore while not a Dawkins style materialist does not believe in God as such.
Because flat earth could not have happened by accident

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
"0:30-0:40 / 4:06 of this . . ." - The Gravity Accelerator - Creating and Manipulating Gravity!
Proof of Gravity - You Know??

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
C'est quoi, ça?

Buddy, r u off the wagon, stoned out of your tiny mind right now? 🤔

No James, am back on now. I finished a 52 day abstinence a few weeks ago, then had a little top quality organic herbal (similar style to the weed vid on the "drug problems" thread, but now it's the start of day 6 of the new abstinence:D.

Getting stoned out of the mind doesn't really occur much, especially without tobacco.
What I did find during the 52 days off was that after 3 weeks ones humour and general mentality was of a naturally high nature. Plenty of select tea & good food seemed to contribute to feeling indeed like one had been on the herb.
Abstinence at first is a bit sore & dull but then suddenly . . . It becomes fantastic! Great for the mental health🥳

dropkickmejeebus

Reaction score
Why is everything else round, such as the other planets and the Moon?

The answer is the same in all cases - gravity. Why do you think flerfs are so invested in lying about its (gravity's) existence?

Have a look at this and tell me what you think.

Hermit

Reaction score
If there was to be a sudden and dramatic change in the Earth's rotation, an acceleration or deceleration, then you'd feel it.

the earth is accelerating toward the sun

acceleration.png

Earth's orbital speed averages 29.78 km/s (107,200 km/h; 66,620 mph)
The closer an object is to the Sun the faster it needs to move to maintain the orbit. Objects move fastest at perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) and slowest at aphelion (furthest distance from the Sun).

Hermit

Reaction score
Yeah, not quite the sudden and dramatic change I was talking about, Hermit
LOL. Did you have a specific figure in mind that would fit your criteria for "sudden and dramatic change"? We don't feel any movement because there is none.

That's the moon's orbit around earth, not earth's orbit around the sun, so I don't know what point you're trying to make here. But speaking of the moon, I don't remember the Apollo astronauts ever saying they could feel the moon's orbit and rotation, I guess they "just can't feel it" there either, even though the moon is alleged to be 1/6 the size of earth.

Hermit

Reaction score
How could that be faked? Where's the tell?
Have you ever watched a film?

The production budget for the film Gravity was €100m. NASA gets $60m per day. They use augmented/mixed reality and CGI to create that water magic trick. Hadfield is looking at a monitor off-screen that shows him what we see (that he doesn't see in reality). Watch his eyes glancing to his right as he's doing the trick.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfOvvGV5Q4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM0T6hLH15k

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii2c4SIiq_s

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Graham Hancock believes there were ancient civilisations that predate anything originally thought.

The Southpark dude is an archaeologist who refutes these claims.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
I got to two hours until Flint Dibble - who looks like a real life Southpark character - accused Graham Hancock of being wacist.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DL1_EMIw6w

There are actually people out there who believe that the modern flat earth movement is a sinister "Far Right" plot to undermine what they see as "Western Civilization"-the mod "owedtojoy" on p.ie is a good example of this.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
There are actually people out there who believe that the modern flat earth movement is a sinister "Far Right" plot to undermine what they see as "Western Civilization"-the mod "owedtojoy" on p.ie is a good example of this.
The irony of course, is that owed and his ilk absolutely despise western civilization and all that built it

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
The irony of course, is that owed and his ilk absolutely despise western civilization and all that built it

I think though that the Western Civilization which was a continuation of the "Middle Ages" is now basically dead and the Western Civilization that now is, is well their thing.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom