To The Moon

Hermit

Reaction score
I never said you could not.
Great, so if you agree that a gas pressure gradient is possible in a container, then you also agree that a gas pressure gradient is possible if the atmosphere is inside a container. But that contradicts what you previously said:

If the atmosphere was inside a container, then air pressure and air density would be constant everywhere as you ascend.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
I am not sure either but a lot of people believe that if the earth could shown to be flat rather than a globe that would prove that our existence is not accidental. It could be a case that a lot of the people who are militantly opposed to the flat earth model are so as part of their internal struggle to deny God's Existence at all costs.

I believe that Hermit is not a Catholic- and it is my understanding that the majority of Flat Earthers in Ireland are not Catholic either.
The thing is that it's easy to show that the Earth is flat these days (but yet the simple evidence is lacking)

In fact it should be as easy to show evidence of Gods existence especially in these days of great emerging changes . . .

We're all waiting for Gods influence to shine through (Miracles??)

SaintJavelin

New
Reaction score
Great, so if you agree that a gas pressure gradient is possible in a container, then you also agree that a gas pressure gradient is possible if the atmosphere is inside a container. But that contradicts what you previously said:
No.

If the atmosphere was inside a container, then air pressure and air density would be constant everywhere as you ascend.

If an outside force like gravity, as you told us, acts on it, then there would be a gradient. Without an outside force there would be no gradient.

And since gravity is pulling down on the atmosphere creating that gradient, there's actually no need for a container.

And that's what we actually see and define as atmospheric pressure.

I think we can close this chapter and move on.

Hermit

Reaction score
It would not be constant, because heat from the sun and heat generated by human activity affects the temperate of the air which affects the pressure.

"The most basic change in pressure is the twice daily rise and fall due to the heat from the sun."
"Heating of the earth, which in turn heats the atmosphere, is responsible for the motions and movements of the air in the atmosphere."

I think we can close this chapter and move on.
Fine, it has run its course, for now.

SaintJavelin

New
Reaction score
It would not be constant, because heat from the sun and heat generated by human activity affects the temperate of the air which affects the pressure.
Which would result in convection currents that would equalise temperatures and therefore pressure. In a container.

In the end, there is no container or need for a container. The pressure we see at sea level is the result of the mass of the atmosphere pressing down due to gravity (as you mentioned).

That's that.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Any new Chinese fake moon videos? You'd imagine there would be a live feed going, solar powered given this historic event!? 🤷‍♂️

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Any new Chinese fake moon videos? You'd imagine there would be a live feed going, solar powered given this historic event!? 🤷‍♂️
Some fella with a Jack-Hammer on the moon !

That's the first thing I would do if I got a few fellas on the moon = = Just to see if any locals would complain ! ! !

valamhic

Reaction score
Change 6 brings back 2 kg of lunar material. All 6 Apollos brought back 350 kg and average of 58kgs or 29 times as much. On the moon that is 10 kg weight and on re entry it is it 58kgs .

58 kgs to add to heat shield pressure of the lunar missions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEZ-5HPlxQ

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
you try to backseat moderate the thread and appeal to daddy to get me thread banned.
That will not happen til they land on the moon so you are going noplace any time soon, we are 56 years and counting since they supposedly circled the moon using slide rules for computing

valamhic

Reaction score
The way I look at it is on a percentage basis. One can be 100% certain they went and walked or 100% certain it was a hoax or some where in between. So one might be 43% sure they did and so 57% they did not. One test is did they do it again? but I feel that is not the best test. A test which would serve better is did any living thing go out side side earth's low orbit? Would they not venture half way to the moon or even go to it and circle it and return? That is how Apollo say they did it.

Never, not once, never ever ever did any living thing go beyond LEO. They might already know that it cannot be safely done, not in 50 million years of trying and they don't want to admit that.

valamhic

Reaction score

Val, do you need a researcher for your YT channel?

Because you don't know what the fuck you are talking about here.
Yes, you have the job. will put to you a few questions to answer.

1) Why did Niall Armstrong donate lunar rock to a museum which was fossilised wood?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
And why would he refuse to talk about what would have been the greatest achievement since Creation

valamhic

Reaction score

This could be good. Maybe the radiation will fry him
I believe the definition of space should be changed to beyond low earth orbit. Now it is simply above the atmosphere, still protected from stelar and interstellar radiation. That is just glorified
airplane travel.

I believe that no one will ever know if they went to the moon. It will be a mystery for ever.

Hermit

Reaction score

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom